Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Saw this and thought of my litte Guy

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:44 PM
  • 11 Replies
4 moms liked this

This picture made me smile and think of my son, who I had to realize takes everything at face value at times.  YOu say, " I will get it for you in a minute, he will tell you ok that was your minute!"  Tell him knock it off your killing me, His face drops and say dont die mommie I love you!  Take some Medicine!  Never a dull moment.  Today we practice sentences to use when conversating instead of just putting words in his head we use common sentences and catch phrases to use when you cant find anything to say!  Today I just told him when you need a break from working so hard at school, tell your teacher, I need a break now, I'm getting tired.  Ok, 5 minutes later he goes Mommie I'm getting tired of you!  No more words please Im full!

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MikeysMom22
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

We teach kids at school to say they need a break, if they need a break from the person talking to them they are taught to say I need space, basically the same thing as he said but a little nicer tone. Also, these are young adults so it sounds better. And yes some of them take everything literally. 

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Ha!  LOL! 

goatmom4
happppinesss is 40 days away
Yesterday at 8:17 AM
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

that is so cute

Ajisai43
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Yup. My kiddo used to do the same thing with the "Just a minute" and without fail he would start the countdown.  Talk about pressure on me to get whatever it was done in that literal minute! Luckily he has learned that just a minute or just a second can mean a short wait but when he is having an off day then he goes right back to that literal meaning.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Awe too cute. My son takes everything literally too.
K1tten
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL, that's cute. Zion is the same way, taking everything so literally. He makes me laugh.

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Good one!
tictacmama
by Arlea on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

If I tell my son to "give me a minute" He wants to look at a clock, discuss how many seconds in a minute, ask when the minute started, talk about how many milliseconds are in a second(I don't know BTW, is it 60 or 100?) ...

Jaimielorai
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Love it! 

Quoting tictacmama:

If I tell my son to "give me a minute" He wants to look at a clock, discuss how many seconds in a minute, ask when the minute started, talk about how many milliseconds are in a second(I don't know BTW, is it 60 or 100?) ...

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Too cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)