Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Update on Hunter and his therapy!

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:28 AM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this
Well, since EI's OT wouldn't come to us, we had to find private therapy in our tiny area that would actually touch kids. I found one in Alma. We went Monday for an evaluation. They pushed him really hard trying to see what he could do and how to calm him when he got overstimulated. At the end they let me know he's delayed in his fine motor skills and speech. (We take speech through EI too.) He is in the 9-11 months range in fine motor. Oh, remember he is now 18 months. They said they would submit it to insurance and see if they will cover any therapy. They told me not to get my hopes up because IF they cover any, it would only be a few months and then they would work with me to show me how to do it at home or I would have to self pay for more.

I got a call back yesterday from the Rehab center, the insurance company APPROVED Hunter's therapy up until JANUARY!! So, as of next Monday we go twice a week! He gets 30 mins of speech each time and 1 hour of OT each day we go. So, Hunter will have therapy three days a week. We still get ST through EI too since they are billed differently. I am so happy!! Hunter is going to get the help he needs! They said they will reevaluate in January and resubmit if he still needs it.
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michelles89
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:30 AM
That's so exciting! And early intervention is best. I love seeing pics you post of hunter in our birth group he's so adorable :)
auntkissy
by Karissa on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Thanks! We love our EI speech pathologist! She's awesome and so so sweet!

Quoting michelles89: That's so exciting! And early intervention is best. I love seeing pics you post of hunter in our birth group he's so adorable :)
mypbandj
by Jen on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

woohoo

PERFECT!!

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Great news!

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Great news!

tictacmama
by Arlea on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!

auntkissy
by Karissa on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:38 AM
Thanks yall! When they called and told me, I started doing a happy dance and screaming yay at the top.of.my lungs lol
wildchild.com
by Janine on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
That's wonderful news!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Yay...this is great news mama!

michelles89
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I just submitted a speech questionnaire for Ella through our new therapy place and they work closely with early intervention. Ella will also be seeing the early intervention people to see about more therapy to help her until she gets orthotics. Her poor leg is getting so much worse. My ds has been in speech since 17 months and he is now 4.5 and finally caught up! He hit his 4 year old goals shortly after he turned 4 it felt so good :) now we just make sure he gets speech so he doesn't lose it again

Quoting auntkissy: Thanks! We love our EI speech pathologist! She's awesome and so so sweet!

Quoting michelles89: That's so exciting! And early intervention is best. I love seeing pics you post of hunter in our birth group he's so adorable :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN