Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Probiotics

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:05 PM
  • 24 Replies

I know some of you use probiotics for your kids.  What are the good ones to use?  I just talked to our doc about my son's GI system and we decided to try a probiotic.  I figured she'd recommend one, but she pretty much left it up to me to get what I wanted (ask at health store or whatever).  So I will do that, but what am I looking for?  Anyone have one you like?  He won't be able to take a pill.  So I need to be able to stick it in food or something. 

by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rhapsitee
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
We use Culturelle Kids Probiotics from Walgreens or Target. I've not gone to a health food or vitamin store and am also curious what others use.
tictacmama
by Arlea on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm curious too. My son has been on antibiotics lately and I am worried about what it is doing to his gut. (he had strep throat last month then he got a lung and ear infection from a cold this month)

I don't like to give antibiotics if it's not totally necessary but he suffers from febrile seizures too so we don't want to let his fever spike. Now I worry that his gut won't have what it needs to function properly. So if you ladies have some good probiotics to suggest I am all ears. :)

mypbandj
by Jen on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I've always thought probiotics were a good idea. Our dr recommend Culturelle. It's a powder. At least the kids version is. It's expensive though. 

Gloria1025
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

This is what I use.  I use the powder and put it in my son's drink and he doesn't seem to notice.  They have chewables too.  My son never had a specific GI issue though.  It just helped us with potty training and keeping him going regularly.  

Quoting Rhapsitee: We use Culturelle Kids Probiotics from Walgreens or Target. I've not gone to a health food or vitamin store and am also curious what others use.

tictacmama
by Arlea on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Thanks Ladies, I am going to check out that Culturelle! :)

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Powder sounds nice.  What do you put it in.  Food. Drink?

Quoting mypbandj:

I've always thought probiotics were a good idea. Our dr recommend Culturelle. It's a powder. At least the kids version is. It's expensive though. 

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Hugs, mama.  Hope you have a healthier April!

Quoting tictacmama:

I'm curious too. My son has been on antibiotics lately and I am worried about what it is doing to his gut. (he had strep throat last month then he got a lung and ear infection from a cold this month)

I don't like to give antibiotics if it's not totally necessary but he suffers from febrile seizures too so we don't want to let his fever spike. Now I worry that his gut won't have what it needs to function properly. So if you ladies have some good probiotics to suggest I am all ears. :)

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

We use Garden Of Life Raw probiotics for kids in the powder form. They get it in their juice once a day.  

tictacmama
by Arlea on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! me too, I am pregnant as well so it has been so stressful taking care of sick kids, puking from morning sickness and hoping I don't catch anything. I am so ready for a break! :)

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Hugs, mama.  Hope you have a healthier April!

Quoting tictacmama:

tictacmama
by Arlea on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:01 PM

I'm using their prenatal right now! I should see if my health food store sells that. Do they like it?

Quoting Charizma77:

We use Garden Of Life Raw probiotics for kids in the powder form. They get it in their juice once a day.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN