Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Chuck E Cheese

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 7:46 PM
  • 38 Replies

Ashton still loves him

by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-BeautifulRose-
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 7:49 PM
That's awesome! :)

My son hates Chuck-E-Cheese. The last time we went we couldn't even make it through the 2nd door before he started getting scared. The time before that he lasted 5 mins. I don't know what happened, he used to love it!
Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 6, 2014 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
  • been there..Ashton has loved something, hated it and loved it again all within a year. Today was really busy there and a few years ago he wouldn't have lasted. We used to only go when it was an off time but it was a friend from church birthday party so we all went and surprisingly he did great even though it was crowded and loud.  But, he just had to see Chuck E. 
Quoting -BeautifulRose-: That's awesome! :) My son hates Chuck-E-Cheese. The last time we went we couldn't even make it through the 2nd door before he started getting scared. The time before that he lasted 5 mins. I don't know what happened, he used to love it!

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

This is terrible.  My trips are 5.5 and we have NEVER taken them there!!  I know, bad mommy!!  My oldest went often and loved it, but just seems like an overstimulating wonderland for my other kiddos.  I'm going to have to do it one of these days!! 

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

For some reason Ashton can handle fun centers and bounce places but can not handle a movie theater or any place that you have to be really quiet. He also loves to climb and slide and play games but after 2 hours he is done, all my kids are done after 2 hours.. We were actually at another birthday party at a fun center yesterday...and honestly, I am exhausted..

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

This is terrible.  My trips are 5.5 and we have NEVER taken them there!!  I know, bad mommy!!  My oldest went often and loved it, but just seems like an overstimulating wonderland for my other kiddos.  I'm going to have to do it one of these days!! 

SnortysMom
by Cathleen on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Aidan went with his cousin to Chuck E Cheese about 2 years ago. He did fine, but I get the heebie jeebies just thinking of the germs on all the equipment. LOL. Sorry, its the OCD in me that thinks of that. 

And during that time, Aidan was still sticking his fingers in his mouth, so I kept imagining all the germs he was sucking on. lol

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:31 PM

We call it Chuck E Sneezes ;) 

Quoting SnortysMom:

Aidan went with his cousin to Chuck E Cheese about 2 years ago. He did fine, but I get the heebie jeebies just thinking of the germs on all the equipment. LOL. Sorry, its the OCD in me that thinks of that. 

And during that time, Aidan was still sticking his fingers in his mouth, so I kept imagining all the germs he was sucking on. lol

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:19 PM

My oldest loves it there. It's to much for my youngest. We even go during the weekdays where there's less than 10-15 people there and it's still to much for my youngest. 

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:23 PM
2 moms liked this

It is a very overstimulating environment

Quoting Rosebud27aj:

My oldest loves it there. It's to much for my youngest. We even go during the weekdays where there's less than 10-15 people there and it's still to much for my youngest. 

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Charizma77:

It is a very overstimulating environment

Quoting Rosebud27aj:

Yep, it sure is. My youngest also has spd and it's very over stimulating for him. 

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Ahhh, find those moments whenever you can!  

My son is 11, this is the first year he just waved at the mall easter bunny and didn't have to go sit on his lap.  Kind of sad, realizing he's growing up.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN