Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Other than Autism, what other diagnoses does your child have?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:15 AM
  • 104 Replies

by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:23 AM

Most of you ladies know about my precious Brady...I talk about him all the time:)

In addition to Autism, Brady has Cystic Fibrosis, Asthma, Sinus Disease, Pancreatic Insufficiency, Aarskog Syndrome, 16p Chromosome Duplication, Gastroparesis, Strabismis, Epilepsy, Anaphylactic Allergies, G-tube, & Short Stature.

tonijoy79
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 6:41 AM

i have it easy, i just have asd, adhd, odd and pdd. he also has a heart condition, croup, eczma, and a low immune system, and just lately is gaining weight and losing energy, but at least none of it is bad enough to be a severe issue.

Stephw1110
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Were lucky, just ASD and feeding difficulties.  I still think he has IBS or something but the drs say no...

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Just tha tone...but that's enough!

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:26 AM
Nicolas has ASD, anxiety disorder-nos, GERD, delayed stomach emptying, asthma, eczema, and a feeding disorder.
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:35 AM

My daughter has asd, several food intolerances (I believe a couple of them to be actual allergies but they came back negative when tested) she has loose joints and was diagnosed with mild hypotonia but I don't think she has that anymore.

tiffyhamm
by Tiffy on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:41 AM

Just the one, Autism.  His doctor keeps talking to me about a formal diagnosis of SPD, but I feel that since him having Autism covers him having sensory issues, I have never pursued getting a formal diagnosis of SPD.  So, so far, just Autism Spectrum Disorder. 

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

My son has ASD, SPD, anxiety, anaphylatic food allergies, GI issues, moderate intellectual disability, language/fine motor delays.

My daughter has down syndrome, hearing impaired, is non-verbal, ASD, Benigh Rolandic Epilepsy, instability of her C spine, sleep apnea, way low tone, severe intellectual disability, ENT issues with extremely small passageways, compromised immunity, slow growth, chronic lung disease, global developmental delays in all areas, severe cuteness, sweetness, happiness, and heart melting superpowers to all she meets!  Ok, so those last couple may be diagnosed by mama, but I got tired of listing her medical. :)

kinshipcaremama
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 9:08 AM

MY son has ASD, Ulcerative Colitis, Migraine, Anxiety and Depression.  When he was first dx'ed the university clinic talked about Non Verbal Learning Disability but I haven't heard about that since.  (NLD is where the verbal IQ is much higher than the performance IQ.  Very much the case with my son.)

sunshinepraying
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 9:55 AM

We haven't had an actual diagnosis for DS yet, but are on the waiting list for the evaluation. In the meantime, we are trying out a medicine for ADHD and impulse control. A different therapist said he also has severe anxiety. My sister thinks he might have Aspergers. It's hard to say though until we get that evaluation since so many of the symptoms overlap in different disorders.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN