Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

A new sensory store in our area

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:03 AM
  • 18 Replies
3 moms liked this

So, our autism support group (that my husband and i lead at our church) was invited to a new store that opened up in our area that sells sensory items and has a sensory area for kids to try out products and also a quiet room you can rent $10 for an hour. We were invited to come after hours and check it out. It was such a nice time. The owners were wonderful and our kids enjoyed it. It was fun trying out some of the products they have. They also do consignment (weighted blankets, etc). Ashton told me he wants to go back. Their quiet room was pretty neat so I think I am going to rent it out and take them there to work on homeowrk or just have some vegging out time. They also do respite care there but haven't read the info on that yet.  Just wanted to share. It was pretty cool :)

by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaLauri
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for sharing. Do they have a web site?

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 9, 2014 at 3:41 PM

I'm not sure, I know they have a Facebook page. They just opened this month so are still very new. 

Quoting MamaLauri:

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds great!  Would love it here. 

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Apr. 9, 2014 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great!

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Consignment, respite, try out the products, WOW! What customer service.  I'm guessing someone in their family may have a disability and they used their wealth of experience to create a really valuable store/service.  Great to hear!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:35 AM
1 mom liked this

How cool...I'm jealous!

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Apr. 10, 2014 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh that's neat! We have nothing like that here.

coleysmama
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this
That's great!
I would love to be able to try products before buying. I've wasted so much money buying from websites and then not liking the product.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:47 AM

Her teenage son has autism. He and Ashton actually had  therapy  at the same time a couple of years ago.  I didn't realize the connection until we went there.   

Quoting Jenibob:

Consignment, respite, try out the products, WOW! What customer service.  I'm guessing someone in their family may have a disability and they used their wealth of experience to create a really valuable store/service.  Great to hear!

indyrunner
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:28 AM

What's the name of the store?  I'd love to look them up on FB.

Quoting Charizma77:

I'm not sure, I know they have a Facebook page. They just opened this month so are still very new. 

Quoting MamaLauri:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)