Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Is your pet afraid of your child?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Amy
  • 12 Replies

My Colin can get a bit loud sometimes and it scares my cat.  He's been working hard lately on being quieter around her, talking softer, etc and has been able to get her to come to him for treats the last few days.  We've had her for 2 years, and she is a bit on the timid side, so this is a big deal!

by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maxsmommy123
by Jamie on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Nope but my son is just turning two and has never paid much attention to them... Up until now. I am so excited!!!! He's gentle with them.
SamMom912
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Sam always liked my pup... When he was three he would run around with a treat in his hand and she would chase him.. He loved it. 

She died last January 2013... We will be getting a new pet once my heart heals from losing my baby girl.. At 13... I just love that little girl and I miss her every day. :) 

SnortysMom
by Cathleen on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:34 PM

The only time the dog goes into another room is when Aidan is getting upset and starts yelling. The dog is like, "I'm outta here!" lol

Otherwise, the dog is fine with DS.

Macphee
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Animals respond differently to unstable people. Most dogs can not tolerate my ASD son. His movements are erratic.

Our dog is awesome with him. A pit bull btw, they wrestle and cuddle. Amazing temperament, walks on leash with him gently.
Rust.n.Gears
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:07 PM
No ..... my kid is afraid of the pets. It sucks.
mypbandj
by Jen on Apr. 11, 2014 at 1:03 AM
My dog hates Liam. He's not rough but he throws toys and stuff and that and that scares the dog.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Apr. 11, 2014 at 6:53 AM

No, my ds's love our dog and she's really get with them.

lady-J-Rock
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:29 AM
Big dog doesn't like Xavier. My little dog loves him. The cats tolerate him. I will also add the big dog likes my oldest daughter and grown ups the most. The cats tolerate everyone.
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:56 PM

My pets have been with my son for a long time so are use to him. The cats just keep out of his way unless they want to be petted by him. The dog has always taken care of my son. He lays on top of her and watches tv. If he is crying she is always right there checking him out. 

jaydensmommy42
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 2:50 PM
No just Mr.cuddles who a desert turtle but yet again his afraid of everything our dogs on the other hand our wonderful with him they are always with him he is rough sometimes but they just lay there we have a yorkie and a poodle and both are great vary clam and loving
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN