Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Did your kids love or hate it ?      BIG SCHOOL TRIP to the zoo. And this will happen the day after Jacobs birthday. He will be 6 years old and this is his 1st time. We dont have 1 in r town. So im going with cause its a 45 minute drive. We dont know how he will handle that ride cause he will notice van not bringing him  home. And ya ok i have a major love for animals. Jacob loves animals but that only cats,dogs and guinea pigs. So im not sure what he going to think ? I have been showing him zoo animals in books. But i know this will be soo differnt cause they real. I know it will be a long day for him. Maybe a longer day for me if i need to push him so he dont take off in wheelchair.  But before we go home they also get to play in the zoo park. I have never been in this zoo.      So any advice i need to know ?  I know the school is bringing the kids lunches. But does the staff bring the kids pull ups or do i need to bring some cause im going with ?   Thanks for reading. Im soo excited and i will take lots of pictures i hope .

by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Replies (11-14):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 13, 2014 at 5:54 AM

Sounds fun!  Brady doesn't understand and he honestly doesn't care.  Hope he has a good time!

Jaimielorai
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:13 AM

My son loved it as well as the aquarium.  His special needs school goes to farm and little petting zoo's all the time.  They even have a train a puppy program to teach them to train special needs dogs.  Our kids will bond to an animal before a human so its never been a problem. My son has this special relationship with a Giraffe!  Every time we go to the Giraffes they spot each other and its a staring match, trying to get close to each other, they become entranced

Treesmaroff
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:23 AM
The fact that you are going helps a lot! My 7 year old loves the zoo. But he needs his space- and when he gets crowded in- he flips out . I provide him with a little break here and there. Also the little breaks will help with all the stimulation. I think it is great he is going and I hope you both have the best time! And I would bring the pull ups- just because it's a new place and you having them might make a difference!
michelles89
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Brayden loves the zoo I just wish the animals were closer
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)