Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

FINALLY! A prom dress!

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 3:45 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Went shopping for the final time with my mom and daughter... And Lo and behold she got a dress! I would have heard angels singing, but I was crying too loudly over the cost of the dress.... Lol.

I know this is off topic, but I wanted to share with all of you! No pics of actual dress, but I will show them at prom next month!

We had such a great day, despite the awful weather.

Are any of your kids going to prom or semi formats? Any pictures to share?
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 4:33 PM

She is gorgeous!!!  Glad you had a great outing!!!  No prom for us, 5-11 year olds, lol! 

wildchild.com
by Janine on Apr. 16, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Awe I can't wait to see pics!
jowen905
by Jan on Apr. 16, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Angels singing!  It must have been a long time coming to find the dress!  Is that your daughter? - she's beautiful. 

No, my son's not quite 13, no proms yet.

Congratulations - I hope the loan goes through for the dress!  lol

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't wait to see prom pics! 

SnortysMom
by Cathleen on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Awww...I remember shopping with my mom for my prom dress! I think she cried too over the price! lol

Aidan is only 7, so no dances yet! But I'm going to cry like a baby when he goes to his first formal dance. All handsome in his tux! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 17, 2014 at 5:29 AM

Sounds fun!  

lillettemomma
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 5:40 AM
My girls are only 2, 3 and due next month so no..... but i went to 5 proms (with the same guy) and I never spend over 100 on a dress..... but i was thrifty and even as a teen didn't like to spend a ton of money....
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Apr. 17, 2014 at 6:48 AM

I'm thrifty too so I was in sticker shock at some of the prices. I told her next time we bought a dress for that kind of money would only be on a wedding dress...lol.

Quoting lillettemomma: My girls are only 2, 3 and due next month so no..... but i went to 5 proms (with the same guy) and I never spend over 100 on a dress..... but i was thrifty and even as a teen didn't like to spend a ton of money....

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Apr. 17, 2014 at 6:50 AM

The prices are crazy!!! I went to the sale rack first but there were only a few...they said girls have been buying prom dresses since January , so I was a little late.

I know! And believe me, he'll be going to prom before you know it! OMG, my oldest son has been to 2 of his proms and the price to rent a tux is just about as worse as a prom dress! You need a prom piggy bank, lol!!!

Quoting SnortysMom:

Awww...I remember shopping with my mom for my prom dress! I think she cried too over the price! lol

Aidan is only 7, so no dances yet! But I'm going to cry like a baby when he goes to his first formal dance. All handsome in his tux! 

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Apr. 17, 2014 at 6:53 AM

LOL! I just told her I wouldn't pay my electric bill!

We shopped 4 different times and although she had found a couple of dresses, they were as much as a wedding dress. There was no way! So she finally found two more she loved and we all convinced her to get her least favorite of the two. She looks so pretty! Prom is May 16th, so I'll post plenty of pics of her and her friends. Each one has driven their mother to a mini nervous breakdown, lol.

Quoting jowen905:

Angels singing!  It must have been a long time coming to find the dress!  Is that your daughter? - she's beautiful. 

No, my son's not quite 13, no proms yet.

Congratulations - I hope the loan goes through for the dress!  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN