Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Hyperbaric Anyone?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:22 PM
  • 4 Replies

After a tremendous amount of thought, research and saving, we have purchased a hyperbaric oxygen chamber.  We plan to "dive" with our 3 year old son- ASD diagnosis.  I am looking to find families who have followed a hyperbaric protocol and hear your thoughts/tips.  Some famiies do 5 days on- 2 off.  Others do 30 days straight- 30 days off...  Did you have to adjust your child's diet during the therapy?  Did you stop at 80 hours, progress to 100, etc.?? Also I am looking for an instructional video about using the hyperbaric chamber... if you have one or know where I can purchase one, will you please advise..  Thanks!

by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Sorry, no advice.  Our doctor did not recommend this type of therapy for our two children with ASD.  Good luck! 

lady-J-Rock
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 5:06 PM
I've never heard of this. I'm going to do some research.
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:05 PM

I don't have an opinion about HBOT but I found this article. I thought you should know about it:

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm394757.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery+

HBOT is listed as one of the treatments the FDA is going after for "False or Misleading Claims for Treating Autism"

brennan5882300
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Sorry I don't know of a protocol.  There is a biomedical autism group on cafemom where someone might be able to help.  I do know hbot can kick up a lot of yeast, so some sort diet modication would probably be in order.  A few years ago, we did hard chamber hbot (160 hours in a facility) and saw moderate results, but I know several families have seen great results.  I do not regret trying it.  Best of luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN