Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Probiotics

Posted by on May. 1, 2014 at 10:08 AM
  • 16 Replies

Has anyone heard of giving your child probiotics helps with autism.

by on May. 1, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Logansmom1999
by Kristina on May. 1, 2014 at 10:23 AM

My child takes probiotics and they help tremendously. He actually takes them because he has Colitis but they help them in other areas. When we tried to stop the probiotics, he started acting out more. I suspect that he developed a tummy ache and he couldn't tell me. We watched him closely to see if he was different without them and it was obvious that he needed them.

~Kristina
Charizma77
by Carissa on May. 1, 2014 at 10:37 AM

We all take probiotics..not sure if it helps with my sons autism or not I'm just a big believer in probiotics ;)

Anryan
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 1:01 PM

we do    it helps alot

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I just started one of mine on them 2 weeks ago.  I think his tummy has been hurting for years, and am hoping these help.   

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 1, 2014 at 2:57 PM

My son takes probiotics but not for his autism.

BellaMama7
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 8:47 AM
What types of probiotics are helping your kiddos with improvement? Ideas please :)
EthansMomma2010
by on May. 3, 2014 at 3:36 PM
I will have to check when I get home but previously we used yum yum dophilus with success. Its is not a recognized fact that GI issues and autism are linked. Yeast and other GI issues can cause everything from picky eating to outbursts to not wanting to be touched. Giving probiotics is only one part of the GI puzzle IMO but it does help

Quoting BellaMama7: What types of probiotics are helping your kiddos with improvement? Ideas please :)
whoodathunk
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 5:37 PM

I'm not sure about helping with autism, but it does help with bowel problems.  

alexmom826
by on May. 3, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Yes, My husband read up on it. Me personally "I" don't see a difference in his behavior but our son does have less gas and bowel problems and makes him regular. So we give him a round of them every month. But if you are going to do it go to your pharmacist and ask for them. TRUE Probiotics come refrigerated to stay active the ones on the shelf don't do a thing .

~ Amanda ~

jigsaw ribbon

HippoCat
by Hadley on May. 4, 2014 at 12:56 AM

We use Klaire Labs Vital-10 10+ billion CFUs. You can get it on Amazon. We were using a grocery store brand that wasn't as strong and our naturopath said my son would have to take 40 of those a day to get what he needed. She recommended the Klaire Labs one. It comes as a powder and I put 1/4 teaspoon in my sons apple juice a day and mix it up really well. He can't even taste it. 

I also give him a powder enzyme with DDP IV  to help aide with his digestion and this has been a HUGE help. He is much more regular now and is actually starting to nibble on some new foods. I think the combo makes his belly feel much better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN