Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

The boys are 2 weeks old tomorrow!!! (or tonight since it's midnight!)

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 12:54 AM
  • 37 Replies
9 moms liked this

Wyatt!!! And his swelling is way down too!!!

Zeke! - omg his face is sooooo cute, and his swelling is better.

Zeke: 
Tonight, Zeke was switched  back to the regular ventilator instead of the ossilator.
They restarted his feeds today - 1ml every 6 hours.
His head ultrasound showed that his grade 2 hasn't changed and is holding the same. 
He's no longer on the blood pressure medication.
He got another suppository and pooped again.
He hasn't needed any sedation or pain meds for the last 24 hours.
We are still waiting on his cultures to come back tomorrow for his infection to see if we can start "day 1" of his antibiotics, he'll do a 1 week course based on the day he gets a negative culture and it STAYS negative.
His swelling is down quite a bit.
He's peeing a lot which is probably why his swelling is down!

Wyatt:
Wyatt had to go on blood pressure medication tonight, but is otherwise about the same oxygen/wise.
He had a head ultra sound today, and I just got the results back.
It could change in a heart beat, but for today, his grade three is resolving....!!!!
He's using a little less pain meds and isn't acting as agitated with out them now.
The past 3 days he's been holding pretty steady, which for him is impressive!!
He still has a large murmor and his PDA echo was supposedly redone today, but I don't have results back yet for that, I guess i'll call back later and see if they got the results.

This may change, but for today Zeke is a brunette and Wyatt is a strawberry blond.

Adjusted age 26w1d
by on May. 3, 2014 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HippoCat
by Hadley on May. 3, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Ahhhh!!! Congratulations!! I didn't know you had them yet. I LOVE their names and they look so precious! I'm so happy for you.

kajira
by Emma on May. 3, 2014 at 1:23 AM

I had them 2 weeks ago at 24w1d weeks. They are 26w1d adjusted age. It' sbeen a very rough last couple of weeks, Wyatt's almost died 3x,and had to have a life-saving surgery, but he's doing better now.

Quoting HippoCat:

Ahhhh!!! Congratulations!! I didn't know you had them yet. I LOVE their names and they look so precious! I'm so happy for you.

Ajisai43
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 1:37 AM

Ooooh, they are just beautiful! So glad to hear about their progress - what troopers they are.  You all are! How much do they weigh now? Now that they are having a better time of things are you allowed a bit more touch time or does that change on a daily basis? A strawberry blonde and a brunette, one has big hands and and one has big feet, these two are showing their differences already and isn't it great?! So exciting! Thanks for sharing with us :)

kajira
by Emma on May. 3, 2014 at 1:39 AM

I get some touch time with them daily now at this point.... I just try not to over stay my welcome, they get easily agitated, so I hold them for 5-10 minutes cupping them and talking to them each, and then let them be.

I'm more anxious to get my hands on them for kangaroo care. Once I can start doing that, I won't be around much!!! LOL  And diaper changes, and being able to put little booties and hats on them. haha!

I'll get their measurements tomorrow.

I'm doing okay... i'm surviving.

Quoting Ajisai43:

Ooooh, they are just beautiful! So glad to hear about their progress - what troopers they are.  You all are! How much do they weigh now? Now that they are having a better time of things are you allowed a bit more touch time or does that change on a daily basis? A strawberry blonde and a brunette, one has big hands and and one has big feet, these two are showing their differences already and isn't it great?! So exciting! Thanks for sharing with us :)

SamMom912
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for keeping us updated. I think of u and the boys often. Things sound good! Good! Keeping u all in our prayers! 

Hugs to those fighters! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 3, 2014 at 6:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Beautiful...thanks for sharing!

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Getting stronger! That goes for all of you:) Keep going guys:)

jowen905
by Jan on May. 3, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Oh, they're adorable...thanks for sharing.  I was thinking about you this morning.  They're getting stronger, it's fantastic.  I hope you're taking care of yourself, too.  Hugs for you and your whole family.

Jan

NatureMomof3
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 6:26 PM

I'm so glad to see the pictures! Take care and I'll be praying for them to get to kangaroo care quickly -- take care.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 8:03 PM

They look so great!!!  I've been reading your blog on them daily to keep up.  Glad you are holding up!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN