Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Teacher appreciation.

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 7:02 PM
  • 22 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

This is what we made for the special Ed teacher and aide. It is a tote bag with his hand prints made into flowers and on the other side, it says teachers make kids grow! It is teacher appreciation this week. And they have been great with everything!

What do you think? Do you do anything for the teachers for teacher appreciation?

I won't be giving something at the end of the year since we did this.
by on May. 3, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephw1110
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I love that idea!  We did flower pots that said thanks for helping me grow for the therapists last year.  I've been trying to come up with an idea for the teachers this year.  Thanks to the terrible winter, I have an extra week to get something done.  

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on May. 3, 2014 at 8:23 PM
Thx. I hope they like it. Nicolas worked hard today. He has a hard time with getting his hands in paint. But he did it even though I could tell it was hard. I was proud of him.

Quoting Stephw1110:

I love that idea!  We did flower pots that said thanks for helping me grow for the therapists last year.  I've been trying to come up with an idea for the teachers this year.  Thanks to the terrible winter, I have an extra week to get something done.  

AJsMom81507
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont have a picture here...

but for teacher apreciation week, we got oven mitts and filled them with pens, paper, markers, sticky notes, scissors, pencils, that says - you have to "ADD-MITT" you're a great teacher, and for the aides in his class the same thing with the saying - thank you for your "com-MITT-ment" in helping us learn

we always get end of year gifts though... 

Ajisai43
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

What fun and creative ideas you guys have! I wish we had teacher appreciation day or week or anything here.  Every once in a while DS and I will bake something and take it up for the teachers, or during US holidays we may make fun little treat bags and pass them around.  It is actually kind of frowned upon but I think I get away with it since I am a foreigner here! LOL

dawncs
by Dawn on May. 3, 2014 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I love them! You did a fantastic job with it!

SamMom912
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I gave money toward their breakfast.. They do a huge breakfast for the teachers in our school. They have a. Huge buffet, with tons of food an an omlet bar.. Its like a moms day brunch. Lol

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on May. 4, 2014 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
That's so cute, Nicole!
mypbandj
by Jen on May. 4, 2014 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
That's a great idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

btw bag came out cute!

Jenn8604
by Jennifer on May. 4, 2014 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Cute.
Ladies I may steal this bag, the oven mitt, and the flower pot ideas :) I need 8 things. I also hate all the stuff being the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN