Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to Group

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:25 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hi, I'm new to the group and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 51-year-old mom with two girls, age 12 and 15. My 15-year-old daughter has high-functioning autism and a few other medical issues including hydrocephalus and scoliosis. I work part-time as an event coordinator for a local Christian crisis pregnancy clinic. I give a lot of support, encouragement and advice to other moms with kids like my daughter but find myself coming up empty when it comes to finding advice for myself. Most of my friends and acquaintances who have kids with special needs are much younger and their kids are younger than mine. I need advice from moms with teens who have special needs.

Glad to be here...thanks.

by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GrammaJane46
by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Welcome.  You'll find friends with common issues here.  Glad you have joined us.

TheJerseyGirl
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:12 AM

Welcome to the group! My son just turned 13 and there are others in here with teens. You'll love this group...everyone is so helpful and supportive.

mypbandj
by Jen on May. 4, 2014 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! I have a teenage boy with aspergers. The best way to get advice in this group is to start new posts about whatever you're interested in talking about! Don't be shy. This group is awesome and supportive. Ask away!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Welcome to the group.

Bobcatridge
by Carol on May. 4, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Welcome to the group.  I have a 13 yr old daughter with high functioning autism, generalized anxiety disorder, and major depressive disorder.  This group has given me lots of support in difficult times.

terri-553
by Terri on May. 4, 2014 at 10:13 AM

welcome to cafemom

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on May. 4, 2014 at 10:40 AM

I'm sorry ...... my daughter is much younger too. She's just about to be 3. But I see you probably live in Texas. I live in Texas .... DFW area. Welcome to the group. There are lots of supportive women here who have kids of all ages. :)

Charizma77
by Carissa on May. 4, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Welcome to the group! 

jowen905
by Jan on May. 4, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Well, I've got you beat (unfortunately!) in the age category.  I'm 53, my son turns 13 next month.  He has HFAD, Anxiety Disorder and mild tic disorder.  This is a very supportive group of moms, with kids of all ages.  I've found a lot of advice and support here, so welcome to the group!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 4, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Welcome to the group!  Glad you're here:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)