Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is a big deal, right?!?!

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:40 PM
  • 18 Replies
3 moms liked this
Yesterday we were at a wedding... Totally jam packed inside but outside was nice!! So.. The first thing that happened, totally knocked me off my socks... A little girl was running and fell down. All of a sudden, MY KID.. runs up to her very concerned, and tries to help her up!!!! Granted it was by her ankles, he was trying so hard. Lol. So there's that..
Then I catch him tugging on a little boys sleeve. He wanted him to run with him and was trying as best as he could to tell him. The boy didn't comply until I told him, and by that time it was too late and Max was a little upset. But it was still nice to see.

Anyhow.. I'm like crying over this still. You can't teach empathy, it has to come from within. Max is only two so I was really excited about it. Hell, if he was 10 I would have been excited. I am delighted he wants to socialize too. A year ago, those kids wouldn't have EXISTED.
by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 4, 2014 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that's great mama!

Logansmom1999
by Kristina on May. 4, 2014 at 2:48 PM

That is awesome!

You never can tell what these kids are capable of. We can work our tails off to give them as many advantages as possible. But some things just have to come from within. Doing what he did at age 2, Max has such potential for some successful relationships.

Congratulations Mama!

~Kristina
Maxsmommy123
by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:55 PM
I think he does too. He wants to have relationships. The want is there. I just love him to pieces.

Quoting Logansmom1999:

That is awesome!

You never can tell what these kids are capable of. We can work our tails off to give them as many advantages as possible. But some things just have to come from within. Doing what he did at age 2, Max has such potential for some successful relationships.

Congratulations Mama!

jowen905
by Jan on May. 4, 2014 at 3:57 PM

You bet it's a big deal!  For him to trying helping another child (by the ankles, that's cute!) and then to initiate play with another child is awesome.  Just keep encouraging him and getting him "out there".  Way to go, Max!

auntkissy
by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:00 PM
OMG YAY!!! That's awesome! I'm so excited for yall!! Any and all PROGRESS is HUGE!
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on May. 4, 2014 at 4:02 PM
That is great! I can totally understand why you were in tears. I love to watch Nick initiate play. He really has learned a lot in socialization this yr. keep it up mama!
Maxsmommy123
by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Yeah she looked a little confused. "Hmmm they usually help me up by my hands..." Lol.

Quoting jowen905:

You bet it's a big deal!  For him to trying helping another child (by the ankles, that's cute!) and then to initiate play with another child is awesome.  Just keep encouraging him and getting him "out there".  Way to go, Max!

Maxsmommy123
by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Now he's starting ABA this week. 4 hours a day. I will have to jam weekends with things we can do with other kids.

Quoting Nickmom1118: That is great! I can totally understand why you were in tears. I love to watch Nick initiate play. He really has learned a lot in socialization this yr. keep it up mama!
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on May. 4, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Awwww ...... that is awesome. We also attended a wedding last night and my daughter didn't know the other kids existed. So I definitely get it!! 

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:09 PM
It is a very huge deal! Good signs of things to come! Hooray!

Quoting Maxsmommy123: Yesterday we were at a wedding... Totally jam packed inside but outside was nice!! So.. The first thing that happened, totally knocked me off my socks... A little girl was running and fell down. All of a sudden, MY KID.. runs up to her very concerned, and tries to help her up!!!! Granted it was by her ankles, he was trying so hard. Lol. So there's that..
Then I catch him tugging on a little boys sleeve. He wanted him to run with him and was trying as best as he could to tell him. The boy didn't comply until I told him, and by that time it was too late and Max was a little upset. But it was still nice to see.

Anyhow.. I'm like crying over this still. You can't teach empathy, it has to come from within. Max is only two so I was really excited about it. Hell, if he was 10 I would have been excited. I am delighted he wants to socialize too. A year ago, those kids wouldn't have EXISTED.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)