Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

WTH is wrong with people?

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 7:40 AM
  • 47 Replies

In reference to me getting the school system to place my son in a private school since the public school system doesn't have a program or school to accomodate him.  

Someone actually told me that the school system shouldn't waste that kind of money (private school tuition) on a child with a terminal illness.  She also stated I should teach him the life skills at home or put him in a group home.  

People are just cruel.  

by on May. 5, 2014 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:00 AM

You know my opinion on that, and none of it would meet the CM standards on using appropriate language.  :). Some people are just rude and ignorant.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 5, 2014 at 8:02 AM

I find it sad that the way I was spoken to IS within standards for CM.  

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

You know my opinion on that, and none of it would meet the CM standards on using appropriate language.  :). Some people are just rude and ignorant.

jowen905
by Jan on May. 5, 2014 at 8:08 AM
2 moms liked this

All I can say is "karma".  And the way you were spoken to is not within this group's standards.  Hugs to you and Brady.

Jan

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on May. 5, 2014 at 8:09 AM
I am so sry that you had someone that ignorant day those things to you! Was this on CM?

I would not have been able to keep my composure!

Big hugs!
Ricksmama
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:29 AM
Excuse me for this statement but I do hope you told them to get bent,our children are just as much a part of society as the next person. Yeah they me behind or slower at some things but my son is a genius at mathematics and he can become anything he puts his mind too. I'm never giving up on him and you should fight back harder than before.
mypbandj
by Jen on May. 5, 2014 at 9:27 AM
*insert sweetpea icon with the speechless jaw dropping animation*

(I'm mobile and can't do it)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildchild.com
by Janine on May. 5, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Omg I'm picking my jaw off the floor! I am so sorry. She sounds very ignorant & cold not to mention cruel. Does this woman have soul?
lady_katie
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 10:41 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you had to deal with that. You would think that if someone was so heartless as to actually feel that way, they would at least have enough sense to keep it to themselves! 

johnns
by Johnna on May. 5, 2014 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
That's pretty insensitive Darby. Sorry, your just too nice of a person to be treated like that:(
SamMom912
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Oh Darby--- HUG---- how horrible!
People never cease to amaze me with their stupidity. I am truly astounded with what some people have the nerve to say.
IM so sorry that womans school district wasted their time trying to educate someone so incredible stupid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN