Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Happy Mother's Day?

Posted by on May. 11, 2014 at 9:49 AM
  • 19 Replies

Are any of you ladies getting special treatment for Mother's Day? I'm not. Yesterday I spent the whole day juggling cleaning the house and trying to entertain my daughter while my husband spent most of the freaking day upstairs playing video games. I also baked a pecan pie and strawberry cake yesterday. And yesterday morning my husband decided we should probably have bread with our meal so he's the bread person ....... he made the starter, mixed the loaf and put it in the oven to rise and let me finish the rest. I got up before dawn to finish the bread, get the kitchen cleaned ...... again ...... and start on lunch. His mom gets a special day because I'm cooking for his parents and his mom is getting a rose bush for Mother's day. I'm not getting anything. 

I AM considering my husband letting us put the car in the shop to have something fixed instead of him doing it himself my gift. It cost $1100 and my husband could have done it for around $500 BUT it would have taken him a week and we needed the car. So I AM thankful for that. Just feeling a little bitter this morning because I didn't get to bed til almost 1am because of my daughter and then was back up less than 6 hours later to get everything ready. And my husband is still in there sleeping away at almost 9am. 

My mil is bringing champagne and orange juice for mimosas .... and thank God ...... because I could really use a drink right now.

by on May. 11, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katielovesyou21
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I am not getting any special treatment. My husband has high functioning aspergers and ODD. My son isin the process of getting multiple diagnosises( i want more then one opinion) and has high functioning aspergers as well. My dh doesnt really do holidays well. But I love him anyways. Im just going to clean all day long. My house needs a spring cleaning. oh well

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on May. 11, 2014 at 10:21 AM

I'm just upset because my husband DOES want to do something special for his mom ..... but doesn't seem to think I deserve anything special.

Quoting katielovesyou21:

I am not getting any special treatment. My husband has high functioning aspergers and ODD. My son isin the process of getting multiple diagnosises( i want more then one opinion) and has high functioning aspergers as well. My dh doesnt really do holidays well. But I love him anyways. Im just going to clean all day long. My house needs a spring cleaning. oh well

katielovesyou21
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 10:23 AM

my dh has done that before he has a weird way of thinking he told me im not his mother. My son is 3 and my daughter is a baby so they really cant do anything. Just dont get him anything for fathers day maybe he will get the point

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

I'm just upset because my husband DOES want to do something special for his mom ..... but doesn't seem to think I deserve anything special.

Quoting katielovesyou21:

auntkissy
by Karissa on May. 11, 2014 at 11:12 AM
I got some flowers last week that I was able to pick out. But, I was up with Hunter early this morning while Sean slept until 10am. Now, I am listening to him cry every 5 seconds over nothing and Sean has left to go mow. Apparently, I have to cook my own food and such all day. I asked to go eat at my fave (cheap) restaurant and was told no because HE doesn't want to. I thought this was MY day?
Nwhite26
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Well I think you deserve a wonderful Mother's Day because your special and every mom deserves it! I'm sorry you didn't receive acknowledgement so I hope my wishes bring you some sort of happiness. Keep your chin up momma you're amazing!
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on May. 11, 2014 at 11:57 AM
I'm sorry mama .... Sometimes the men in our lives don't realize how insensitive they are!
Quoting auntkissy: I got some flowers last week that I was able to pick out. But, I was up with Hunter early this morning while Sean slept until 10am. Now, I am listening to him cry every 5 seconds over nothing and Sean has left to go mow. Apparently, I have to cook my own food and such all day. I asked to go eat at my fave (cheap) restaurant and was told no because HE doesn't want to. I thought this was MY day?
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on May. 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Thank you! I'll be okay. Just wish things were different sometimes.
Quoting Nwhite26: Well I think you deserve a wonderful Mother's Day because your special and every mom deserves it! I'm sorry you didn't receive acknowledgement so I hope my wishes bring you some sort of happiness. Keep your chin up momma you're amazing!
wildchild.com
by Janine on May. 11, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Hugs!!!!
kinshipcaremama
by on May. 11, 2014 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a single mom.  I got nothing except dirty fingernails.  I asked my son to plant the flowers I bought but he did it wrong and I had to redo it or they would have died.  I am grateful he tried!

Macphee
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Mother's Day has become a day for me to treat myself.

I am in the same boat. My kids made cards and told me, so I appreciate them. Their dad just told me, well you're not my mother. Idiot man.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)