Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Big Kid Diapers?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:41 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hi Everyone,

My son is 3 years old but he's very big for his age (he wears 4T-5T clothes). My husband and I have been working on potty training, but he's just not into it and I don't want to force it on him. But the problem is that the largest diapers I can find are Cruisers size 7 and they're starting to chaffe him and cause rashes : ( I also tried the pull-ups, but he leaks right through them.

Does anyone know where I can find large diapers? I need something comparable to Cruisers size 8 I guess. 

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Logansmom1999
by Kristina on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Call a local medical supply company. They can send samples to try. Also some insurances cover part or all of the cost. My insurance covers 150 pull ups per month as well as 80 chux pads and 4 boxes of gloves. We found that the Tena brand was the best fit for our son who is also big for his age.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:09 PM

I agree with Kristina...local medical supply company.  Now, I get my son's diapers through an incontingence company and the diapers are called Cuties...the brand is Cuties.  Medicaid pays for my son's diapers as he's 6 years old and still in diapers due to his diagnoses.  Good luck!

SnortysMom
by Cathleen on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:34 PM

When we finally started services with our regional center, Aidan was still being potty trained, so we also received the diapers called Cuties. It was paid for so we didn't have to pay for them.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I agree with Kristina...local medical supply company.  Now, I get my son's diapers through an incontingence company and the diapers are called Cuties...the brand is Cuties.  Medicaid pays for my son's diapers as he's 6 years old and still in diapers due to his diagnoses.  Good luck!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:41 PM

They are actually better than I thought they'd be!

Quoting SnortysMom:

When we finally started services with our regional center, Aidan was still being potty trained, so we also received the diapers called Cuties. It was paid for so we didn't have to pay for them.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

momtwothree83
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:14 PM
I knew I was forgetting to look somewhere. Thanks guys!
okpondlady
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 1:59 AM

We use Pampers Pull-Ups, has to be the brand name because otherwise yes, he wets right through them.  Size 4t-5t.  And Overnights  SM/Med for nights. 

TANSTAAFL- There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

want10more
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:29 AM

since his poops are formed now, i wonder if you'd wanna try cloth diapers? formula poop is pretty gross but formed poopies are not so bad. plus they get really uncomfy when he's wet, which helps a lot in potty training??????

want10more
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:33 AM

darby, your child is STILL in diapers at age 6? ohhhhhhh that poor baby. i'm so sorry. that must be so hard on him, and you too. but can i say that my hubby's old boss has a kid w/ autism? pretty bad i think? and he makes shoes, sold one to gene simmons, in person even! i do not have an autistic child. so i don't know what you are up against. but i DO think when he gets older? he too will find a crazy batshit wonderful talent. i just wish i could give you good advice but i can't. but i do know good things are ahead for your child! yay!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting SnortysMom:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Logansmom1999
by Kristina on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:50 AM
1 mom liked this

My son is 14 and still in diapers. There is nothing poor about him - or darby's son either. It is the nature of their disability. Potty training is one of the most difficult challenges that ASD parents have. And in the grand scheme of things - it is by far not the most important.

Quoting want10more:

darby, your child is STILL in diapers at age 6? ohhhhhhh that poor baby. i'm so sorry. that must be so hard on him, and you too. but can i say that my hubby's old boss has a kid w/ autism? pretty bad i think? and he makes shoes, sold one to gene simmons, in person even! i do not have an autistic child. so i don't know what you are up against. but i DO think when he gets older? he too will find a crazy batshit wonderful talent. i just wish i could give you good advice but i can't. but i do know good things are ahead for your child! yay!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting SnortysMom:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 5, 2014 at 6:23 AM

Yes, my child is STILL in diapers at his age.  Don't patronize me or my son.  He's very happy and he's a precious little boy who loves his life.  You know nothing about me or my child, and your comments are ridiculous.  

Why are you in this group if you don't have a child with Autism?

Quoting want10more:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting SnortysMom:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)