Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Wild child!

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 3:02 PM
  • 10 Replies
My ASD daughter is our little wild child dare devil! I thought I was doing a good thing by buying one of those small exercise trampolines. Well this little spitfire then jumps from the top of the couch onto the couch and then onto the trampoline! At least all that exercise will tire her out! My other child is a bit of a scaredy cat so I don't mind my ASD daughter's antics that much.
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lady_katie
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 3:44 PM

lol - my son has very poor safety awareness, but his gross motor delays tend to keep him safe. he still hasn't even attempted to climb over a baby gate yet! (he's almost 3) 

wildchild.com
by Janine on Jun. 10, 2014 at 10:27 PM
My son does the samething Lol
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Sounds like something my kid would do! Ha!
mypbandj
by Jen on Jun. 10, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Sounds like my Liam!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
buckeyefever
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:01 PM

yep sounds about right. It is something that my kid would do. 

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Jun. 11, 2014 at 5:26 PM

My youngest has a small trampoline too and has tried that a couple times...lol

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 11, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Brady loves those things!!!  Glad she likes it:)  

Macphee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 8:30 PM
I don't know how old she is, but she sounds just like my ASD guy. He tried out his first roller coaster at 2 yrs old, Seaworld fiddler crab. Barely able to walk. He put a 9 yr old boy to shame because the kid was crying next to my guy.

He is the first to try anything adventurous. We tied a rope on our oak tree, 10 ft up, he climbed the whole way. Have fun with her, she will force you and younger sibling to take adventures.

Ds tried to run back into the ocean during a hurricane at the beach, 60 mph wind, sand whipping everybody, scrambling around around, and he's heading for a dip. Never dull.
lucasmadre
by Kari on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey, as long as she knows her limits and doesn't hurt herself then power to her! I was a bit of a daredevil in my youth too but I always knew what I could get away with. Maybe she will be a stunt woman!!!

MamaLauri
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:55 AM

I did the same thing for my son (strong ADHD, touch ASD). He could jump happily for hours.

Once I found him jumping off of his captain's bed on to the trampoline. Had to stop that one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)