Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Do you work outside the home?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:07 PM
  • 51 Replies

How was the adjustment going back to work whenever you decided to?  Were your family and friends supportive?  

by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, not back yet.  Someday I'm sure.

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:04 PM
I would live to go back but I don't see it happening for another year. Atleast. (When Nick starts kindergarten.)
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Totally understand:)  I'm going back to work in the next month or so as Brady's going to be in Kindergarten this coming year and he has a full time nurse.

Quoting Nickmom1118: I would live to go back but I don't see it happening for another year. Atleast. (When Nick starts kindergarten.)

mypbandj
by Jen on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:09 PM
I went back when my bigs were 7 and 4. My oldest was in first grade and my dd was in preschool. Dh was supportive and so were friends. We started swapping kids for childcare. She took the kids after preschool for the day on Monday and I took them on Wednesday. Then we met up at school where our oldest kids attended school together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Glad things worked out for you guys:)

Quoting mypbandj: I went back when my bigs were 7 and 4. My oldest was in first grade and my dd was in preschool. Dh was supportive and so were friends. We started swapping kids for childcare. She took the kids after preschool for the day on Monday and I took them on Wednesday. Then we met up at school where our oldest kids attended school together.

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:44 PM
I plan to one day. But right now it seems like something completely out of reach ya know? Like I logically know it will happen yet I have no idea how.
strmrayne
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:59 PM

I have always worked. My boys all went to child care. There just wasn't another choice for us. Fortunately, my position allows me to be home when I need to be, for the most part. If my boys are sick, I work from home. I take them to all of their appointments and therapies and I am home with them in the summer. I have to go out of town every now and then for conferences. Usually it is just a few days but this Monday I am going to a conference that will have me gone for two weeks. It is the longest I have been away from my boys, ever. They will be going to day camp while I am away so that my husband can work. 

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:56 PM

I've been a sahm since I was 4 mo pregnant with Ashton...10 years ago... No plans on going back to work anytime soon..

lovemyguys
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:11 PM

I found ways to earn an income from home or on my own schedule when my son was little. When he was approaching school age and I could already see there would be struggles with that transition, I found a job teaching at a school he could go to so I could be with him. Crappy pay but it was worth it to be able to help him. I did eventually have to go back to work but not until he was in the second grade. It was rough...

wrigley2363
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:23 AM

I've always worked full time outside of the home. My DH and I work on opposite shifts, so that someone is always home to take care of the kids, and we don't have to worry  about daycare. It works out well for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN