Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Yesterday we were at the mall and we decided to grab some lunch. Hubby and dd went to get gyros and Little man and I decided to grab chinese. Well we were standing in line and I was talking to him. The guy asked what we wanted and I turned to answer him. I turned back towards my son and he was GONE!. I felt my heart drop. I looked at the customers in line to see if he was by them. I checked the seating area. The lady behind me says "boy he is fast" and starts laughing. This lady didn't feel it necessary to let me know my son was running off. She thought laughing about it was better. I could have hit her. I found my son about 10 yards away and the shoe store stimming off the numbers. I screamed for him and ran to him. I mean i was talking to him and then turned around for like 5 seconds and he was out of site. Needless to say I lost my appetitie and all I wanted to do was cry cause I felt like the most horrible mom there was for losing him.

by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Replies (21-23):
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Love the Oprah dream lol.

I didn't understand why the lady laughed either. If I wasn't so frantic about my son I would have yelled at her.

I also have dreams where I lose my kids. I wake up and at times have gone upstairs to see if they were still in there rooms.

Quoting mypbandj: Oh that must have been so scary! And frustrating! I don't know why that lady didn't say anything and worst of all, just laughed about it. She must not have kids or not know the fear moms feel when their kids run off. I actually just woke up from a dream that I had lost Liam. I was working in an old abandoned house (I have weird dreams) with my coworkers and he was just outside playing. I suddenly realized he was gone and jumped up to find him but my coworkers assured me he they could still hear him. I got outside and he was nowhere. I went from house to house looking and screaming his name. It was an awful sick feeling to have lost him. I did find him at the end but as all weird dreams go, he was found so I felt the relief but he wasn't himself. I found his sister instead as if it were her I had been frantic to find. I also dreamed that I found Zoey (the adopted daughter of the Little Couple) wondering around a public place but her mom wasn't Jennifer, it was Oprah. And Oprah wasn't paying attention or aware that Zoey had wondered off so I was trying to get her back to her mom without freaking her out. LOL

wildchild.com
by Janine on Jun. 19, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Wow the woman sounds like an a$$hole. I'm so sorry you had to go through that (((hugs)))
My son did this at a playground 3yrs ago. My legs got weak & I felt the world spin. I was asking everyone if they had seen him & just when I was ready to call police someone yelled there he is. I ran towards him picked him up &started crying. It's the worst feeling in the world! Your not a bad mom our kids are not your average kids & we have to constantly be on alert. Your human (((hugs)))
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jun. 22, 2014 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

It's one of the scariest feelings in the world. I know that people see a kid and think he is just taking off from his mom. But he saw numbers on a sign and that is what made him run. He wanted to trace the numbers. Like they say when our kids see something that interests them they don't care about anything else except reaching that  thing

Quoting wildchild.com: Wow the woman sounds like an a$$hole. I'm so sorry you had to go through that (((hugs))) My son did this at a playground 3yrs ago. My legs got weak & I felt the world spin. I was asking everyone if they had seen him & just when I was ready to call police someone yelled there he is. I ran towards him picked him up &started crying. It's the worst feeling in the world! Your not a bad mom our kids are not your average kids & we have to constantly be on alert. Your human (((hugs)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN