Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Once again so grateful!!

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 7:50 PM
  • 3 Replies
4 moms liked this

Those first couple of days of school were hard, but man my daughter is just there having a blast now that she knows the routine!! She's already making more eye contact, enjoying my company more. We can actually sit and do activities together. This is just amazing! I'm SO THANKFUL she got a spot in this program. I just wish it wasn't only 6 weeks long.

This morning when we were heading in, they have picture cards on the doors that show a stop sign, a teacher, and a folder opening to signify the kids have to wait for the teacher to open the door. And you walk through 2 of these doors to get into the classroom. So I pointed them out to my daughter today (they have them on each of the door inside the classroom and they are always showing the cards before opening the doors). She really studied them and pointed to each picture. Then this afternoon she brought me a container of toys. I looked at her questioningly, and asked open? And she said open!!!!! I tried my luck and after a couple of minutes put the toys all back and closed the lid. She gave the container to me again. And I asked again. And she said open AGAIN!!!! 

I'm crying happy tears today.

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SamMom912
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:02 PM

happyI am so freaking happy to read this!!!!!

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Awesome day!

letstalk747
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:25 PM

very , very cool

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN