Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Tears for Logan...

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:00 AM
  • 10 Replies

He had been doing so good with the new medication regimen. The past couple of days have been really hard for him. He is acting out again unless I keep him heavily medicated - which I refuse to do. He is not going through life as a zombie! I have spent the past few days crying between my dad (who is still alive and they won't let him have phone calls at this point) - and Logan's issues. Not to mention my daughter. *sigh* I am just plain tired of crying. And anyone who knows me will tell you that I am NOT a crier.

In his acting out, he has been hitting us - whoever is close. Today it was me. He hit me in the head and rang my bell pretty good. 

I can't figure out what has happened to cause this so I don't have a clue on how to fix it. 

PLEASE - any input or ideas are in great need.

by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:27 AM

:(   I'm so so sorry to hears things are just this hard.  Does Logan lash out more when he doesn't feel good? He's sick alot, right? Maybe he's just so tired of being sick and feeling like crap that he's taking that anger and frustration out on the world. Has his doctor ever prescribed any pain meds?

Hugs mama, I'm really not sure. I'll be praying you find a way to help Logan calm down so that maybe the whole household can calm and find some peace.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Have you thought about a ketogenic diet? They said there is promising result with kids with autism reducing their tantrums and stims, etc.
Gloria1025
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Hugs Mom!  You have so much going on right now, is it possible he is reacting to your stress (albeit in a totally inappropriate and unhelpful way)?  I know when I am stressed, my sons behavior gets worse even when my stress has nothing to do with him. 

Jenn8604
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Hugs! Does he realize grandpa is sick? Maybe he's mad about that. Or maybe he knows your upset and it makes him upset and lash out. Or his routine has changed. I figure something has him all befuddled and he doesn't know how to express it other than lash out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 4:49 PM

No suggestions, just big hugs!!  I'm sorry!

SnortysMom
by Cathleen on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:23 PM

I don't really have any advice, momma. I'm sorry you are going thru this. Prayers and hugs to you!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Hugs mama!

Bajanmama
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 9:49 AM

I'm sorry. Do you know what the trigger was?

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Is there an activity he loves or a place he enjoys that you could go fit the day? Maybe just that would brighten up his mood?

And I'm so sorry to hear about your dad... Hugs, girl.
SamMom912
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Crying is just a little closer to the good side of acting out.. Poor logan is a little further down the line with hitting... We all act up and act out when the demands of the situation are more then we can handle. YOU hwve a lot on your plate.. And I am so sorry that youre crying... :( sad... And poor logan, he too has a lot on his plate, so he is htting.. id wonder what situation is taxing him? 

HUGS... Im praying this get easier for you, that things with your dad improve and Logan finds some inner peace and figures out his frustration too... 

HUG

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN