Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some advice please!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:00 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am 7 weeks pregnant. It's planned but now I am getting anxious on how I am going to manage things. My DH seems very nervous too. With the nausea kicking in, how am I going to manage cooking, cleaning, doing activities with my son, taking him out and just running the household. Last time, at 10-11 weeks, my nausea was very severe but I had the liberty of sleeping all day and doing what I want. I am feeling guilty for not doing too many activities with my son. I usually engage him in activities whenever he is free. I can't even do food therapy with him cause I don't want to eat any food. I am just not in a mood to do anything and feel miserable. How did you ladies manage?

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats and hugs mama!!!  Let yourself get used to everything with being pregnant, sickness, etc.  Give yourself a break.  You're doing a great job!  

I don't have any direct advice as I only have one child.  Hugs!

_L0veMy2B0ys_
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:54 PM

If it's severe explain your situation to your doctor maybe they can prescribe anti nausea meds. My best friend was so sick throughout her entire pregnancy that she had to. :) At least pregnancy is temporary it will be rough for several months then things will get easier. My oldest has ASD and his NT brother is only 17 months younger. It was hard but I got through it and it was totally worth it! Stay positive :)

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Dont cook, dont clean.. Give up the house hold chores for the 5 weeks until your HGC levels level out and the first trimester is over... Its 5 weeks.. Muddle thru.. You can do it! Just do the bare minimum and cut yourself some slack. 

I only have 1 kid... But had horrible sickness for a few weeks and needed surgery... Then there was a complication and I needed another surgery..  It was really rough with sickness, not feeling good, no energy...(2 years ago when Sam was little) .. Just ignore what you can for this short period of time... Hang in there.. Feel better. 

MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:53 AM
I'm 32 weeks pregnant and still vomit daily and have a 4 yr old ASD daughter. I'm not understanding the issue?
MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Have saltine crackers next to your bed and eat one before you slowly get up in the morning. Make certain you get plenty of water during the day. Figure out activites you can do with your son while lying down.

Real-along Song books are great engaging activities you can do with him while promoting reading and speaking (eye to mouth).

http://www.4mylearn.org/Bookshelf/Bookshelf.html#songBooks

Simran81
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok, Il'l bow down to you for having it all together. Unfortunately I don't. I don't think I can explain myself in any better words.

Quoting MixedCooke: I'm 32 weeks pregnant and still vomit daily and have a 4 yr old ASD daughter. I'm not understanding the issue?

Simran81
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! Ill do ask my doc.

Quoting _L0veMy2B0ys_:

If it's severe explain your situation to your doctor maybe they can prescribe anti nausea meds. My best friend was so sick throughout her entire pregnancy that she had to. :) At least pregnancy is temporary it will be rough for several months then things will get easier. My oldest has ASD and his NT brother is only 17 months younger. It was hard but I got through it and it was totally worth it! Stay positive :)

Simran81
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:22 PM

That must have been really hard on you. Thanks!

Quoting SamMom912:

Dont cook, dont clean.. Give up the house hold chores for the 5 weeks until your HGC levels level out and the first trimester is over... Its 5 weeks.. Muddle thru.. You can do it! Just do the bare minimum and cut yourself some slack. 

I only have 1 kid... But had horrible sickness for a few weeks and needed surgery... Then there was a complication and I needed another surgery..  It was really rough with sickness, not feeling good, no energy...(2 years ago when Sam was little) .. Just ignore what you can for this short period of time... Hang in there.. Feel better. 

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Be kind to yourself Mama,hope it gets better soon.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Quoting Simran81:

That must have been really hard on you. Thanks!

Quoting SamMom912:

It was horrible. I needed to call hubby after putting Sam on the bus to tell him I was driving myself to the emergency room after a few days of misery from the first surgery.. for a week (maybe 2) I called the doctor every day to ask if "this" was ok.. I was just NOT well... they kept saying "Your fine, give it time..." well, Iknew I wasnt... and finally one morning ---I called him---. he was just getting on the subway in manhattan to get to work.. he was like.. wait 40 minutes.. I'm turning around and getting back on the train... He leaves for work at 5;30. it was like 6:40... lol... I got sam on the bus at 8;15, hubby pulled in the driveway and 24 hours later, second surgery... ugh! MUCH better 3 days after that..

But reall, this is SUCH a wonderful time for you... the nausea will subside once your levels, level out.. its a few weeks... you CAN do this.. dont medicate.. its wonderful... sour apple jolly ranchers and ginger drops helped me a lot get thru the sickness.. Im so sorryyou dont feel well, but remember, with those numbers soubling, your making a healthy person!!!! So hang in there... wish you were closer.. Id entertain your little guy so you could rest... Just dont try to do everything.. it isnt worth it-- the MOST important thing youre doing right now is making a baby.. the laundry and cooking.. well, thats NO WHERE NEAR as IMPORTANT.. as making a PERSON!!! In 5 years you wont remember what the house looked like for 5 weeks.. or it will  be a joke.. ugh for 5weeks the house looked like shambles, but we muddled thru and here is HEALTHY BABY!!

Hugs.. congrats to you and your family...  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)