Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We're bored!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:00 PM
  • 28 Replies

There is no way to sugarcoat it...D's bored, I'm bored, the dogs are bored. With the exception of living his days in Disneyworld, Dillon doesn't want to do anything but take rides , drive the golf cart and get ice cream. And now we've done it so much, that we both hate it! LOL!

Anyone else have bored kids? And if you don't, please give me tips on what you do to chase away the boredom!bummed_out

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Oh yeah pretty bored here too. It's either way too hot or raining here. Then the rain stops and it's humid. The kids don't want to be outside and neither do I. I did make a volcano with the kids. We also have made play doh about a dozen times. I bought them some goopy stuff to play with. Then of course the parks. Jonathan doesn't really talk so his complaints are whining. Gabby on the other hand constantly says "I bored" as soon as we finish doing anything. So in the same boat here

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Yep!  Bored here.  We went away for weekend overnight with kids, which was great.  But now bored again!!  Granted I'm home, and since school got out a month ago I have left the house only for groceries or kid therapies.  Summer is boring!

N.Carter2001
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Its too hot or we keep getting rain and storms. And chase freaks out when it gets a little dark. So we bored. I wish they in school. Every time i walk into kitchen Jacob thinks its time to eat. He was picky in past. Now he wants to eat even after he just got done.

N.Carter2001
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Someone needs to write July randoms ! That will keep my busy. I have never had this much stuff in 1 month.  Sorry in bored. My boys love books. And chase loves to color.And Jacob helps by tearing it up. And my job to pick it up. Does your child like to look at books or draw ?

lucasmadre
by Kari on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:53 AM

Oh dear...I dream of boredom. What is that like? Please tell me more...it sounds devine :) I'm just too damn busy to have a chance to be bored right now but I do remember the feeling vaguely...get a big puzzle-they can get addictive, try a new hobby you and Dillion could do together? How about a trip to the book store, does he like to read? Bottom line is summer will be over in a flash so try and enjoy the slow motion if you can...! Rent a great silly comedy you guys can laugh over together.  xo

lucasmadre
by Kari on Jun. 30, 2014 at 7:19 AM

I hope my last response didn't sound snippy, I am sorry, just jealous that everyone here is going to the beach as I head off to work...no worries. You are a crafter aren't you Michele? How about a trip to Micheals and a crafting project together. My son and I bought two boxes to decorate, they were cheap and we are just going to bling them to the moon. I think it will be fun, decopage, glitter, paint....you name it. Does Dillion ever get into a project like that? Happy Summer, wish we could go to the beach together!!! xo PS don't forget napping...napping is goooood!

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:06 AM

You could invite some friends for neighboring states to visit? Lol

What about learning to cook something together? Trip to grocery store farmers market.. Collecting recipes to chose? Cooking? 

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Our summer just started wednesday. We went camping over the weekend. We will be visiting state parks, swimming in water falls, going on hikes and bike rides, Playing with friends, taking the dogs down to the river to swim and throw rocks in the water. Water fights, read books. Visiting the zoo and children's museum, the drive in. Going kyaking with my sister and her family. Ah fishing and farmers market. There's always some sort of festival going on.  My kids love it. My oldest wants to go to he youth center and my middle child is old enough to go to the park and rec day program 10-3 pm. monday thru thursday. Xavier has his usual therapies.

Somewhere I'll have to find the time to cook, clean and grocery shop.

lady_katie
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:19 AM
We're bored too. My son doesn't tolerate activities outside of the house very well (or for very long), so there really aren't many options for us. He just wants me to play trains with him ALL day long :(

We're going to try the Regal summer movie express tomorrow. It's only $1 per ticket, so even if we leave after 20 minutes, it's not really a loss.

Thankfully he has a 6 week summer session starting at school on Wednesday, but even after that ends, we'll still have a month to kill before school starts for the fall, and that will be right at the end of my pregnancy! Eeeeek.
TheJerseyGirl
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:33 AM

I tell him that ALL the other kids in the world are bored too but that doesnt make him unbored so....*sigh*

Unless you're on a trip to shangra-la he isn't interested in doing anything. I don;t know why, but it makes me feel so bad! I'm bored too but I don;t see anyone feeling bad for me...lol!

Quoting JTMOM422:

Oh yeah pretty bored here too. It's either way too hot or raining here. Then the rain stops and it's humid. The kids don't want to be outside and neither do I. I did make a volcano with the kids. We also have made play doh about a dozen times. I bought them some goopy stuff to play with. Then of course the parks. Jonathan doesn't really talk so his complaints are whining. Gabby on the other hand constantly says "I bored" as soon as we finish doing anything. So in the same boat here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)