Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Take it or Leave it?? safety tattoos

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Jen
  • 50 Replies
2 moms liked this

http://www.safetytat.com/

Let's play a game - TAKE IT or LEAVE IT?

It's a temporary tattoo that you can put on your child's arm or leg or whatever so if they get lost, your phone number is right there! 

Would you use this? 

by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:27 PM

I don't know that I would for a daily, but maybe if going somewhere super busy where he had more potential to get lost or something.  He wears a medical alert band for his allergies/safety so our number and information is on that too.  He really hates 'stickers' though, and he things tatoos are stickers.  So he won't really let me put them on him. 

CarlaMarie1978
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:10 AM
I love them I love them I love them!!!!!!!! When we go somewhere crowded we use them
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:30 AM

no but i like the idea of an ID bracelet/anklet/necklace

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:44 AM

leave it...

Id rather use a sharpie on him...

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

When he was younger I would have used it in a place like disney or on a crowded beach

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Definitely. I plan on getting some the next time we go someplace big and crowded, like the zoo.

mypbandj
by Jen on Jul. 3, 2014 at 9:49 AM
That's a good idea!

Quoting SamMom912:

leave it... Id rather use a sharpie on him...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 9:57 AM
2 moms liked this

got the idea from triathlon runners... thought about doing at Disney when Sam was 4... but, Sas was such a chatter box with great rote memory skills I wouldnt have to worry about him not turning up.. LOL
"and my name is Sam. I live in ___, my address is _____. My phone number is ____ my moms cell is ____, dads is _____... can I use your ipad while I wait for you to call or text them.. and do you have an lemonade. I like pink lemonade... and lays potato chips.. are these lays? they taste like wise?.. continue ramapling speech for another 3 minutes before whomever has found him starts to really look for us.....

Quoting mypbandj: That's a good idea!
Quoting SamMom912:

leave it... Id rather use a sharpie on him...

aakeiser
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

We thought about getting some but we have a medical alert bracelet. I got ours from survival straps and they are made out of parachute cords..They are very comfortable. Xavier did not like chains or watch like material on his arm but he like his medical bracelet. Here is a picture if mine..mine has food allergies, bees and asthma..you can put whatever you want on the tag.
sunshinepraying
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:59 PM

take it. That would be great for going on day trips, vacations, or somewhere crowded

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN