Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

How many homes has your child lived in?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:07 AM
  • 53 Replies

This is our only one, but D has always wanted to live in a neighborhood on a cul-de-sac...his words. He thinks by doing that he will have so many friends, I guess.

But my older two act like it would be the worst thing in the world to move. I'm constantly looking at other houses wishing we COULD and wondering if it would give D a better opportunity to make a friend or two?

by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama8408
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:22 AM
I'm we have loved in 5 homes now since DS was born.
mrsary
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:23 AM
10 to 15... military. Lol.
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

3 for oldest....2 for the littles, plus NICU a d Ronald McDonold for three months.  Our own home wasn't even their first home, lol!

K1tten
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

This is our 5th and last. We bought this home and I want him to grow up in one neighborhood. I moved around a lot growing up (military kid) and my daughter I moved her around a lot due to my job at the time so I want Zion to stay in one school in 1 neighborhood if possible.

Logansmom1999
by Kristina on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

two...we moved into this home when Logz was 8 months old. So this is the only home he remembers. We bought this home and this is where we are staying.

lady-J-Rock
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:53 AM
My oldest we lived in five houses. Middle child was born two weeks before we closed on our house, so technically she's lived in two different homes but will only remember living here and this is the only home Xavier's ever lived in.
angelachristine
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Dd is almost 11 and has lived in 4. Ds is almost 7 and has lived in 2.
mypbandj
by Jen on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:05 AM
My oldest - 4
My middle - 3
My youngest - 1

We first lived in an apartment in Virginia. It was basically student housing. Then we moved to a town house in KS so dh could go to law school. Then we bought our first home after law school. And then we sold it and bought a larger house when they had that government tax return rebate for people buying a home. I forget what that was called.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
princess_1983
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:35 AM

2 houses - When my son was born we lived with my parents. Then when he was 1 1/2 we moved into the house we live in now.

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Just 1. Hubby and I bought our house 3 months after getting married. We waited 3.5 years before starting to try to have kids... Took us 4 years to "make" Sam. So 8 years in house without Sam... And Sam is almost 8...

I love our house; but have recently been thinking of moving to a school district with a better special ed program. We have a great district for neurotypical kids.. So I don't anticipate having trouble selling.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN