Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Hippotherapy!!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 12:26 AM
  • 13 Replies
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Today my son got up on a horse and it was the most amazing experience. We did an intake lesson a few weeks ago and he cried and cried and cried. He fought the instructor to get on the horse and I sat in a little chair watching him clenching my jaw fighting back tears. I had envisioned something different.

However, when he got off the horse and started walking towards me sitting in the chair his face was beaming with pride. He was brave and you could tell he was proud of himself. I've never seen a more proud look on someone's face before and it made my heart glow.

This picture is from today. He hopped on the horse, he said "ride on" and "yee haw!!". I sat in that same chair and did nothing but watch my son enjoy himself. It was so beautiful and it made me cry. Today was a gift and I am so thankful to my little boy, a horse named Korbie, a team of volunteers, an expert and a little spiritual help from my late Mother-in-Law.
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Logansmom1999
by Kristina on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Logan loves riding therapy. He goes on Fridays with school for the past three years.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 12, 2014 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Love this!!!

lucasmadre
by Kari on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:04 AM

My son stated riding at your boy's age and it was so good for him. There is some magic in those big beautiful animals and the connection they make with our children. I am so glad for you both! Enjoy every minute of it....

HippoCat
by Hadley on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:50 AM
Kari, does your son still ride?

Quoting lucasmadre:

My son stated riding at your boy's age and it was so good for him. There is some magic in those big beautiful animals and the connection they make with our children. I am so glad for you both! Enjoy every minute of it....

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jul. 12, 2014 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Awwwww ..... so happy he enjoyed it so much today!!!

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Awww.  Great story. 

mypbandj
by Jen on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
So cute! I'd love to have my son do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucasmadre
by Kari on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:33 PM

No his stupid father pissed off the instructor and blew the whole thing. I can't afford to pay for riding here because his dad doesn't pay his child support...bitter much? Not really, but I do wish he could still ride. 

Quoting HippoCat: Kari, does your son still ride?
Quoting lucasmadre:

HippoCat
by Hadley on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Oh bummer Kari! I don't blame you for being bitter. I would be too.

Quoting lucasmadre:

No his stupid father pissed off the instructor and blew the whole thing. I can't afford to pay for riding here because his dad doesn't pay his child support...bitter much? Not really, but I do wish he could still ride. 

Quoting HippoCat: Kari, does your son still ride?

Quoting lucasmadre:

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Adorable! Ashton was riding for a few weeks when he wa 4 but then they needed to move speech therapy to the same night and I just never got him back into it after that.  He loves aquatic therapy now but it hasn't started back up yet :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN