Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

My meltdown!!! getting my sanity back

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:38 AM
  • 15 Replies
I am really embarrassed about my behavior yesterday. DH and I got into one of our typical stupid arguments. (Plus I have been really sick and just worn out) and it ended up me outside screaming to the top of my lungs. It didn't help that he said that half of everything I do is non sense! Then wouldn't explain his self. I knew he was talking about nicks therapies! I just couldn't calm down. I was wired up for the rest of the night. Very, very short with the kids!!!

Then I found a valid out! We needed milk for this morning. So, I told DH that I was going to the store and he had to give the baths. (I got PJ together, and even nicks meds) then I left for the grocery store. I will admit that I drive exactly the speed limit and walked as slow as possible in the store. I was walking past a woman and she looked at me weird. Then I realized I was jiggling my keys pretty fast in my hand without knowing. But it made me feel better. So I didn't care! So I was the noisy person in the store last night. Is it bad that I was happy to see it pouring when I was cashing out? I stood there another 5 minutes and then decided to walk to the car in the rain. (Because that was my excuse to go upstairs when I got home. I WAS SOAKED AND HAD TO CHANGE)

So it worked. I was able to deal with Nick and trying to get him to go to bed. I was ready for our night time battle.

What are some things you have done to get your sanity back?
by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildchild.com
by Janine on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:34 PM
So sorry your having a difficult time. My time is at night with a cup if tea & a good sitcom. (((Hugs)))
MamaLauri
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:46 PM

You go GIRL!!!!!!!

I mellow by watching and hearing water. Right now I am watching rain fall on a lake. It is a wonderful way to get in the zone.

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I put myself in time out a lot... I take a shower, put headphones on while cleaning the kitchen, watch an episode of Mad Men, or parenthood on the ipad, listen to the History Chicks (am history buff) sit in a chair and read.... When ever Sam is entertaining himself- (or when he has done something I dont care for that I cant engage) ... For example, this morning Sam started screaming at me that he was NOT going to OT today, that. I was the worst mother IN the world.... i left... i went to my room, I hopped in the shower, got dressed, blew out my hair, did my make up... Just as I was finishing up, Sam came up to apologize. If I had yelled back, it WOULD. Have gotten ugly.. So I took myself out of the equasion, i know they are only words... I know they come from a place of fear and anxiety... I left to get my sanity and avoid the visceral reaction to hearing mean things... He is 7, he is not in conrtol of his stuff... Im 37 (plus some) and need to be. Lol

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Btw, I lose my sh*t at other times... Not claiming I never do... im human... Its ok!!! 

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 16, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Whatever works, right?  I'm glad you were able to decompress.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jul. 16, 2014 at 3:27 PM

I have plugged my ears and screamed in my room. I have taken a glass of wine to the tub and lock bedroom and bathroom door to make sure no one bothered me. I have screamed inside my head "SHUT UP!" to my husband when he talks and talks about nothing and just laughed because it just felt good lol

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 8:22 PM

I think I lost my sanity the moment I heard 'triplets' and am still looking for it! 

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol! Thx for the laugh. I think I would have too!

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

I think I lost my sanity the moment I heard 'triplets' and am still looking for it! 

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Aren't we amazing as women to have stress that would kill a person at times , but give us 5 minutes to ourselves and we are well again! And it's always something so simple like a trip in the pouring rain for milk or sometimes just to be able to sit on the toilet without anyone crying to get in...lol!

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:42 AM
So true!!!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Aren't we amazing as women to have stress that would kill a person at times , but give us 5 minutes to ourselves and we are well again! And it's always something so simple like a trip in the pouring rain for milk or sometimes just to be able to sit on the toilet without anyone crying to get in...lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN