Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Hello darkness my old friend.. I've come to talk with you again.

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:45 PM
  • 21 Replies
Hi it's me. The one who's son is doing amazing in ABA. Too bad DH just had a 6 month review and may need a new job at the end of the year. What are the chances he will find one that covers ABA... Feeling sort of out of it, crying, might throw up... I just don't get it.. This is what we've fought so hard for? 9 months of therapy?
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildchild.com
by Janine on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I'm so sorry mama (((hugs)))
ballerina.2006
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:14 PM
I'm sorry :( We've been fighting for almost 5 months to receive therapy. There is always a dark cloud it seems.
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Big hugs mama!!!  Is he on Medicaid?  New ruling this week (last week?) requires ABA services available for ASd, but need Medicaid at moment.  I'll try to find the link I posted about it.  When will you know if he has to change jobs?  Are they closing or does he just want a different one?  

Maxsmommy123
by Jamie on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:24 PM
I will have to check if he is still on it. We haven't used it as of yet because of private insurance. Find that for me if you can please :)

He isn't a good fit for the job. His boss said he has til the end of the year and he will help him find a new job.

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Big hugs mama!!!  Is he on Medicaid?  New ruling this week (last week?) requires ABA services available for ASd, but need Medicaid at moment.  I'll try to find the link I posted about it.  When will you know if he has to change jobs?  Are they closing or does he just want a different one?  

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Hope he finds a job that covers ABA. I know that you are seeing great results with it.

Mwheels72
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Keep options options open hope for the best with his new job covering ABA and have a back up plan if it doesn't

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 17, 2014 at 5:53 AM

Hugs mama...I'm so sorry and wish you guys the best!

tictacmama
by Arlea on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Sorry you're going through that. Just breathe and take it a day at a time. Life will work itself out. It always does eventually. Hopefully you will be able to cover it like the other poster said. If not maybe there are grants?? ((hugs))

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:58 AM

BIG HUG!!!! It will be ok,,, it will, i just feel in my heart Max will get what he needs, because you will figure it out. Youre such a great mom, you will figure out how to get him what he needs. HUG! 

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I'm on iPad, not computer so not sure if the link will go clicky.  If it doesn't work for you I will try again on my computer.  This is the post I did that has the link to services clicky in the first reply.  Hope it helps.  If he has Medicaid, you should have your ABA.  Our private ins does not pay for it at all, it is strictly billed through Medicaid.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/112775/forums/read/20092653/NEW_ASD_SERVICE_RULING_MORE_HELP_FOR_OUR_KIDS

Quoting Maxsmommy123: I will have to check if he is still on it. We haven't used it as of yet because of private insurance. Find that for me if you can please :) He isn't a good fit for the job. His boss said he has til the end of the year and he will help him find a new job.
Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)