Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Trip was good

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 2:53 AM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

We had a good time in Philly. My SILs BFs son couldn't join us as he had a baseball game, but the 2 of them were ok for Sam.
We saw the liberty bell and an exhibit about the constitution. We visited the Franklin Institute... Which had some awesome displays Sam enjoyed (the brain, the heart, the earth and electricity. He totally melted down in the circus room (it was crazy over stimulating) but we left shortly after that. We tried the Redding Terminal Market; but Sam was done. Our hotel was next door to the market (like a big indoor flea market for food with tons of vendors cookies/teas/Amish food (butchers, bakers, cheese) so after that my SIL and her BF offered to hang out with Sam in the hotel and hubby and I walked around the market for 30 minutes by ourselves! :)
We all rested in the hotel room for another 45 minutes before heading to Chinatown for dinner..
It was good! Yummy!
SIL and BF headed home and we took Sam swimming at the hotel.
Sunday we went out for breakfast and then went to see SILs house ( Sam was tired and grumpy for this part if trip). And then home. He fell asleep at 7:oo Sunday night! Lol!! (Unfortunately up at 3:30am Monday - but that's a different post).

by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gloria1025
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 5:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so happy it went well!  It's nice that you and your husband got a little time to enjoy by yourselves.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this

See? All that worrying and it was ok!

Franklin Institute is usually packed and noisy so I can see Sam finally being *done* with it. The Natural Science museum next door hardly has a soul in it and is pretty neat if you're into dinosaurs....which D was...for years...so you can imagine how many times I had to stare at the same dinosaurseye rolling

I'm glad he got to spend alone time with your SIL and the two of you got to get out by yourselves. Sometimes 30 minutes is all we need (but 4 hours and 30 minutes would be better, lol!

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:21 AM
I've been to that Dino museum too... Lol.. We didn't go this trip. :)
Yeah. 30 min was nice. Felt like a mini vaca... Much needed.
Good news is that hubby and I have an event to go to this weekend- so we have a sitter for 6 hours! :)

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Franklin Institute is usually packed and noisy so I can see Sam finally being *done* with it. The Natural Science museum next door hardly has a soul in it and is pretty neat if you're into dinosaurs....which D was...for years...so you can imagine how many times I had to stare at the same dinosaurseye rolling

I'm glad he got to spend alone time with your SIL and the two of you got to get out by yourselves. Sometimes 30 minutes is all we need (but 4 hours and 30 minutes would be better, lol!

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:22 AM

6 HOURS?! How dare you brag about that in here! LOL!

Quoting SamMom912: I've been to that Dino museum too... Lol.. We didn't go this trip. :) Yeah. 30 min was nice. Felt like a mini vaca... Much needed. Good news is that hubby and I have an event to go to this weekend- so we have a sitter for 6 hours! :)
Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Lol.... Yep.. 6 whole hours!!!!! :) 

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting SamMom912: I've been to that Dino museum too... Lol.. We didn't go this trip. :) Yeah. 30 min was nice. Felt like a mini vaca... Much needed. Good news is that hubby and I have an event to go to this weekend- so we have a sitter for 6 hours! :)
Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Logansmom1999
by Kristina on Jul. 22, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I am glad you had a good time. You deserve it.

samomama
by Sally on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Glad it went well. And thanks for sharing pictures! So that is why he got up so early... I was wondering :)

johnns
by Johnna on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Don't be jealous girls, but my dad is in town and we just might get a 24 break- on our anniversary no doubt! Whew Wee!!

Quoting SamMom912:

Lol.... Yep.. 6 whole hours!!!!! :) 

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay! Glad it went well.  Love the pics! My kids have never been to Philly even though we live in PA we are on the opposite side of the state.. Maybe when they (my youngest) are older. So glad it went well! Told ya I would keep my fingers crossed for you :)

Nicole_2007
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Glad you all had a great trip

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)