Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freakin Babysitter!!!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:04 AM
  • 8 Replies
I need to vent for a minute about a number of things actually, so I apologize for the long ramble ahead of time.

First off, a few months ago I had Child Services called on me. I won't go into exact detail but the investigation included a trip to the doctor and my son being examined(Thankfully, nothing was found). At the time, I assumed it was the last babysitter I had that had called them. Yesterday, I found out I was wrong.

I made a post a lil while back where I kept praising my babysitter in the comments(who started watching my son the same day child services was called) and needless to say I have discovered that she was the one that called them! She watched my son off and on for four months and I thought she was a decent sitter. She gave me breaks when I needed them, volunteered to keep my son on the weekends, and even kept him for a week while I was helping my boyfriend make funeral arrangements for his father.

On Sunday, I got a txt from her telling me that she had a job where she worked from 7am-5pm and that my son had been left in her cousin's care the week before while I was at work. I flipped! Who the hell did the one that was supposed to be watching my son leave him with?

On Monday, I quit my job and went to get my son's clothes and things from her house. I discovered that the cell phone he plays with was not amongst his clothes(which she had set in a bag on her porch). When i txt her about the missing phone, I got: give me 120 bucks and I'll give the phone back. Excuse me!?

And now on to Monday night, her cousin got on my Facebook and accused me of being a horrible parent cause I "leave my kid with a sitter for days and days and that my house was a mess". Friends and family jumped all over her about it.

Tuesday morning, the babysitter txt my boyfriend threatening bodily harm to him, txt me threatening child services and calling both of us a slew of garbled rubbish. Then her cousin proceeded to post pics of my "messy" house on my Facebook page and the sitter admitted to taking them. One pic was of my son's room AFTER they dumped his toybox all over his floor! And why in the hell were they in my house while I was gone?

Needless to say the police have gotten involved in this mess, but now, I'm afraid to get another sitter. I know I need a break from my son both for his sake and mine, but am scared to death to leave him in someone else's care again. I'm looking into respite care, but am not sure how all that works.

Anyways, there's my vent!
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Logansmom1999
by Kristina on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Unbelievable!!! Why do some people feel like they have to cause havoc in someone's life to feel good about themselves? I hope the police are able to bring them up on charges. If not, it might be time for you to contact a lawyer. Many of them don't get paid unless you win your case. I am so sorry. {{{HUGZ Mama}}}

reitanmama
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Can your family and freinds give you a break? I know the sitter thing can be stressful. After trying to use a couple 8f daycares for my kids I just hired a freind to babysit and it worked out so much better. I hope 7t works out for you momma I'll be praying for you.
TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Hugs, mama. What a mess!

JenniKT
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:23 AM
My family and friends are 100 miles away. Autism services weren't readily available where we lived so we moved. Kind of wish I hadn't. Been through three sitters in six months.

Quoting reitanmama: Can your family and freinds give you a break? I know the sitter thing can be stressful. After trying to use a couple 8f daycares for my kids I just hired a freind to babysit and it worked out so much better. I hope 7t works out for you momma I'll be praying for you.
JenniKT
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:37 AM
I'll keep the lawyer bit in mind and thank you

Quoting Logansmom1999:

Unbelievable!!! Why do some people feel like they have to cause havoc in someone's life to feel good about themselves? I hope the police are able to bring them up on charges. If not, it might be time for you to contact a lawyer. Many of them don't get paid unless you win your case. I am so sorry. {{{HUGZ Mama}}}

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Oh my.  Hugs.

kajira
by Emma on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:18 AM
omg. I don't know what to say, but this is one of many reasons I don't trust people with my children, special needs or not.
Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Wow, what a mess! Big hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)