Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trio to the Mall:)

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:12 AM
  • 3 Replies
Some of you might recal me traveling with the kids last summer and how we went to The Mall of America- where Sally was a handful and some stranger made a comment to my middle ds about how bad Sally was & my parenting skills were. Lol So....after that awful experience, she hasn't stepped foot in a mall since. Sally hasn't had a good experience at the mall since she was 3 months old ( not even exaggerating ). We all know this, so she doesn't go. We made the exception for vaca last summer.
Yesterday, middle ds & I discussed maybe trying again.
SHE DID WONDERFUL!! Sally really enjoyed herself. You would have thought I had taken the child to Disney World! I was so tickled. The place has one of those play areas and she had the time of her life there! She played really well with the other kids, and didn't seem to stick out as 'different'. The problems we face at 'play areas, play grounds' is that Sally LOVES other kids! Not shy at all. A real 'people person'. Since the move, we are a lot more sheltered, things are still a little upside down for her & I. Sally can be a bit overwhelming to other little kids. Lol, it's pretty funny, but she can scare the hell out of a NT 3 tri! Lol, she tries to takeover.
Anyways, to sit there and watch her play 'appropriately' just blew my mind! We survived the mall! Yay. Doors have opened! Yes! It feels so great to get over yet another obstacle. Some of these are few and far between, but by God, I will take it! Little things like this just build her & I's confidence up.

Anyone else with some 'bragging' to share? :)
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

This is why I love everyone in this group so much!

The things other parents take for granted are the things we try to get our kids to overcome and succeed with.

I'm so proud of Sally!

Logansmom1999
by Kristina on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

So glad she had a successful day. These experiences are why we, as parents, work so hard with our little ones. Yay for Sally

clapping

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)