Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recognizing Others

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:54 AM
  • 1 Replies

Ok, this might seem stupid. I've been thinking on this and wanted to ask, especially if you yourself have been diagnosed with Autism. My cousin's 15 year old son has autism. At a family function when my son was a month old, (he will be six next month) he came over to rub my son's head. Of course I just told him to be careful with his soft spot, like I told the other kids. He rubbed his head, looked up at me and said "he's going to be a genius." I was just taken aback. That seemed like an odd thing to just say. My son was diagnosed with asd when he was 2 1/2. Could my cousin's son recognized my son as being autistic? I don't know if that seems stupid or just wrong to think. Have any of you encountered something like this? Like kids just recognizing something the same as them, like a blonde haired kid seeing and realizing there's another kid with the same hair.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Macphee
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
My sister's ex husband has combination of add and anxiety. He and ds have been tight since ds was born. He told me the whole time that he is going to be an engineer. Ds has always lined up toys and created odd shapes. ex brother in law explains he's creating algorithms
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)