Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter is dairy free and one of the few foods she wil eat is the So Delicious Dairy Free yogurt. I'm so incredibly thankful she will eat this but it's coconut yogurt and so does not contain near as much protein as regular yogurt.

Well I visited a specialty food store today that's not too far from me. It has all the gluten free and dairy free options you can't find anywhere else, and a large selection of organic produce and supplements to boot. So Delicious just came out with a greek yogurt style dairy free yogurt that's made with almond milk and it's fortified with veggie proteins, making it the same amount of protein as regular yogurt plus a large amount of fiber. I was super excited but only bought 2 containers knowing full well my daughter may not like it because of the different style. It's thicker than her other yogurt.

I said "Cheyanne, want some yogurt?" and held out the spoon with a little bit on it. She immediately put it in her mouth, obviously thinking it was her usual yogurt. The look on her face was one of those disgusted, priceless kid faces. 

The big issue, when I tried to get her to eat her regular yogurt instead, she pushed it away and cried. I just made her distrust one of the only good foods she eats. Sigh. I certainly hope this isn't permanent.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Since she understands more then she speaks can you show her the container she typically eats- and the mistake one. Say mommy made a boo boo bought the wrong one... See if that puts her fear to rest seeing they are different?
Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Sorry Mama!  That would so happen in my house!  Hugs. 

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I did, and the yogurts are even two different colors and she saw that. I'm hoping its just that I tried to give her the regular back the same day. I'll keep yogurt out of sight for a couple of days to see if she gets over me tricking her. Because I took some of her yogurt on my finger and put it on her lips. She was mad, but she licked her lips and it registered on her face that it was the yogurt she knew and loved .... but she still wouldn't take a bite. She's mad at me so she probably wouldn't even eat a spoonful of icing from me today. Just sucks cuz now all she's going to want to eat the rest of the day is gummy bears.

Sigh. Hoping daddy can get her to eat something different tonight since she's mad at me, not him.

Quoting SamMom912: Since she understands more then she speaks can you show her the container she typically eats- and the mistake one. Say mommy made a boo boo bought the wrong one... See if that puts her fear to rest seeing they are different?

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:21 PM
My hubby did that to Sam with hot dogs.. I used to give him Oscar Meyer beef hot dogs, hubby decided to get some "better" hot dogs (they r hot dogs how "good" could they B??? Lol) anyway, Sam didn't like the "healthier" crap.. And now won't eat a hot dog... Honestly, I don't care, cause it WAS junky... But grrrr when that happens! It's so frustrating that they are that inflexible!
Here is hoping C eats more then gummy bears tonight!

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

I did, and the yogurts are even two different colors and she saw that. I'm hoping its just that I tried to give her the regular back the same day. I'll keep yogurt out of sight for a couple of days to see if she gets over me tricking her. Because I took some of her yogurt on my finger and put it on her lips. She was mad, but she licked her lips and it registered on her face that it was the yogurt she knew and loved .... but she still wouldn't take a bite. She's mad at me so she probably wouldn't even eat a spoonful of icing from me today. Just sucks cuz now all she's going to want to eat the rest of the day is gummy bears.

Sigh. Hoping daddy can get her to eat something different tonight since she's mad at me, not him.

Quoting SamMom912: Since she understands more then she speaks can you show her the container she typically eats- and the mistake one. Say mommy made a boo boo bought the wrong one... See if that puts her fear to rest seeing they are different?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Oh no!!! I'm sorry!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)