• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so frustrated!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:05 PM
  • 7 Replies
My daughter ALWAYS seems to act up more closer to bedtime and it's so frustrating! I don't like having to ground her or put her to bed early but nothing else seems to help! Any suggestions?
She's 10 with SPD and PDD-NOS along with ADHD..
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wildchild.com
by Janine on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Sorry your having a hard time. When my son acts out I tell him I will take away his fav.toy if he continues to act out & It usually works without even having to take away the toy.
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Jul. 26, 2014 at 3:22 AM

maybe try an earlier bedtime if she is acting out more because she is tired sooner now.  I give mine a full body massage and finish with lavender lotion on her face and she passes right out.  She is 4 though.

lucasmadre
by Kari on Jul. 26, 2014 at 5:36 AM

Maybe try melatonin before bed, it is a natural sleep aide, you can find it at any drug store with the vitamins. I give it to my son about an hour before bedtime and it helps him calm down and transition into bedtime. Is she tired, maybe an earlier bed time would help too, a hot bath before bed...?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree here. Hugs mama!!!

Quoting lucasmadre:

Maybe try melatonin before bed, it is a natural sleep aide, you can find it at any drug store with the vitamins. I give it to my son about an hour before bedtime and it helps him calm down and transition into bedtime. Is she tired, maybe an earlier bed time would help too, a hot bath before bed...?

Pink.Rose
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:47 PM

She already goes to bed between 7 and 8 and she already takes melatonin.  No, I don't think so but I will try the earlier bedtime...thank you (:

Quoting darbyakeep45: I agree here. Hugs mama!!!
Quoting lucasmadre:

Logansmom1999
by Kristina on Jul. 26, 2014 at 3:13 PM

I agree here also. Melatonin can be a wonderful help. Also, when Logan is acting up around bedtime, I put him to bed and he passes right out.

Quoting lucasmadre:

Pink.Rose
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 3:32 PM

She;s already on Melatonin, it doesn't really help her :(

Quoting Logansmom1999:

I agree here also. Melatonin can be a wonderful help. Also, when Logan is acting up around bedtime, I put him to bed and he passes right out.

Quoting lucasmadre:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)