Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are YOUR fears as a parent of a child with ASD?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Amy
  • 17 Replies

What kinds of things scare you about the future of your child?

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:41 PM
He elopes. I'm always afraid of him wandering off and being on the news as yet another kid with autism getting lost and ending up dead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samomama
by Sally on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

When I look at the future... I am worried of how clueless he'd be of people's intentions.. He'd be an easy target for anything...

Semajmom719
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Wondering amd worrying how he will be in the real world. ..I know when he gets older I cant be there with him I just hope that he does well
me2autism
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Worrrried about her wandering away and falling into the wrong hands as she does not have the comprehension as she is semi- verbal ...her being in a vulnerable position with thea person with bad intentions. ...I'm worried about my dd if I'm not around to care for her...:(
Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Not knowing how my boys will do when me and dh pass. Probably more my youngest right now, then my oldest.

I'm always afraid my youngest will wander off and we won't be able to find him. He's non verbal. 

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:29 PM

How to keep them safe from strangers and people that may take advantage of them in the short term.  But what keeps me in worry and anxiety is what happens to them after I am gone or unable to care for them any longer.  :(

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:27 PM
I'm more concerned about his physical health to be honest...
faithPsalm27
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:14 AM

My son is now a young man, his dad and I are always worried about how people will treat him...my son is a bit too trusting with strangers...that could be a good thing and a bad thing.....his sister knows she has to watch over her brother when we are gone...

Logansmom1999
by Kristina on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:19 AM

What scares me is when I can no longer take care of Logan at home due to age/illness. I am afraid he will end up in an institution that doesn't celebrate his uniqueness and abilities. Nobody can treasure him like I do.

indyrunner
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

My immediate "future" worry is when DS starts Kindergarten in 2.5 weeks.  I hope he makes the transition from pre-K to Kindergarten OK.  I know it's going to be tough on him...the bigger class and the loud cafeteria.  He's a kind, smart, loving little boy.  I hope his teacher has patience and I hope he does OK on the bus.  So many things to think about and worry about. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)