Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When does school start up again?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:03 AM
  • 61 Replies

When does school start in your area?  Is your child ready to go back (or start)?

It starts on 8/18 for us, but my nieces' in a neighboring school district start on the 5th, which seems just too early to me!  My daughter (ADHD, non-ASD) is excited but nervous to begin her senior year and my "little guy" is excited to start 8th grade at home with the cyber school program.  I think we're about ready, with the exception of needing a few supplies.

school bus

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Rose
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:51 AM

My daughters and I start August 18th...my oldest had freshman orientation yesterday....my youngest is super excited for school to start!

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:56 AM

We dont start back here until after Labor Day and I have NOT even mentioned it to Sam. He HATES school.. He will start 3rd grade this year... since we have MORE then a month I dont want to start stressing him out now. it would ruin the rest of our summer... lol

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:13 AM

4 weeks from today..August 27th. Ashton is already counting down...a bit excited and a whole lot of anxious... We haven't started shopping for yet. 

sunshinepraying
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:59 AM
August 25th. I haven't really brought it up with DS. He isn't happy about having a change of teachers. I'm worried after last school year. But hopefully now that he has the IEP, Special Education, and Speech Pathologist this coming school year, I'm hoping it'll be a better year for him.
Nicole_2007
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:01 AM

My daughter starts back on the 18 and then my son starts back the 25th.  He will be going to a different school for Kinderprep sothats why he starts a week after all the other schools around her does

rebeccasmommy09
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Dd1 starts kindergarten tomorrow! I hate that they start so early here :( She's excited though and we were happy to find out at least one of her friends from pre-k will be in her class this year. We're behind on getting her ready but we'll finish up shopping for school supplies and get her hair cut today so she'll be all set tomorrow morning. :)

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:15 AM

What grade is your youngest in?  Is your oldest a freshman in college or high school?  Are up a teacher or student? 

Quoting Pink.Rose:

My daughters and I start August 18th...my oldest had freshman orientation yesterday....my youngest is super excited for school to start!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:16 AM

That seems so early to me but they must get out much earlier than we do as well. How nice that she already knows someone. I hope she has a terrific first day! 

Quoting rebeccasmommy09:

Dd1 starts kindergarten tomorrow! I hate that they start so early here :( She's excited though and we were happy to find out at least one of her friends from pre-k will be in her class this year. We're behind on getting her ready but we'll finish up shopping for school supplies and get her hair cut today so she'll be all set tomorrow morning. :)

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Are they excited? 

Quoting Nicole_2007:

My daughter starts back on the 18 and then my son starts back the 25th.  He will be going to a different school for Kinderprep sothats why he starts a week after all the other schools around her does

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that this is a great year for him!  The right IEP in place can make a big difference..same for the teacher and therapists... Hugs!

Quoting sunshinepraying: August 25th. I haven't really brought it up with DS. He isn't happy about having a change of teachers. I'm worried after last school year. But hopefully now that he has the IEP, Special Education, and Speech Pathologist this coming school year, I'm hoping it'll be a better year for him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)