Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wa-Hoo!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:54 AM
  • 8 Replies

ABA therapist is sick today!!! YAY!!!
Happy Wednesday!!!

bouncing

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Ajisai43
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Aawwww, you are funny! how long are you going to be with this gal? has she made any progress or done anything that makes you think she might be useful in the long run? I hope so, but if not, then it is time to move on.  And enjoy the day off :)

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:32 AM

The company she works for was hired by our school distrcit (the first support service they have given Sam in 3 years) to do a behavioral assessment back in the spring/summer. It was decided that this company would provide 4 hours of support services (ABA training) a week beginning the second week of July.
I was NOT thrilled with ABA (as agood therapeutic intervention for Sam) but was told by the advocate I haired to help me get Sam out of his current school placement (which is NOT a good fit) that it would be poorly recieved if I denied the service. So we accepted. So far, Ive been right, it has not been a positive fit for Sam... and of the 3 weeks we have been getting this 4 hour service, only 1, 2 hour session went well.

I had Sams psychologist speak with the ABA therapist yesterday. I am still waiting to talk to her this morning. The thing I DO like about the ABA therapist is that she also believes that Sams current placement in the schools is inappropriate.. so I am hoping the school will listen to her and we get him into a more supportive academically challenging environment.

Quoting Ajisai43:

Aawwww, you are funny! how long are you going to be with this gal? has she made any progress or done anything that makes you think she might be useful in the long run? I hope so, but if not, then it is time to move on.  And enjoy the day off :)

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Enjoy you day off.  

dannix7x
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Have a great stress free day!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Nice! Just me and little booger this morrning. Older 2 are at a Christian rec camp at a nearby church that they attend 2 mornings a week. But, they both kind of hated it this summer and said its boring. Fortunately for them this is the last week and last day for them. Guess we will be looking for other activities for next summer. Enjoy your day! 

Nicole_2007
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Enjoy your day :)

Jenn8604
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Logansmom1999
by Kristina on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM

LOL

sidesplittinglaughter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)