Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GRRRR

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:00 AM
  • 5 Replies

I hate that my husband has to randomly travel. He has a good job but one downfall is they don't give much notice for when he has to go out of town. We got 2 weeks notice on something this time, which is ALOT of time compared to other trips, but found out he's gone when I'm supposed to have my appointment with my new dr. It's a new patient appointment, so the next available isn't until OCTOBER. And my dd isn't in school when I had the appointment scheduled, which is why I needed my dh home to watch her while I went. I've been waiting on this appointment for almost 4 months, and now I have to wait again. 

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF MY FAMILY PROPERLY WHEN I CAN'T TAKE CARE OF MY OWN HEALTH?!?!? 

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
samomama
by Sally on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I am so sorry. That is frustrating. Do you have anyone who would take care of your DD while you go to the appointment?

It'd be nice if at the hospital they had a babysitter (yeah right). Good luck, I hope you figure something out.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Can you ask at your DDs school if they have ANYONE who could babysit during this time? if these is an after hour care? Your mom? Anyone???? Its SO stinking hard.. I know... and YOURE RIGHT- ITS IMPOSSILE TO TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES WHEN WE ARE BUSY CARING FOR SOMEONE ELSE WITHOUT ANY HELP!
What about your local Y? Was there anyone at all there you could/would trust for the 1.5 hour (?) appointment. Chey doenst have to be happy--- she just has to be alive whwn you get home... that is ALL that matters... I REALLY hope u can figure something out.

ballerina.2006
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:39 AM
I understad the frustration! I hope it all works out.
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

This has happened to me before and I left Cheyanne with someone that I trusted but she still hadn't kept Cheyanne before and so I was really nervous about things going wrong. So I flew through my appointment, didn't voice any concerns, just said everything was great and got the heck out so I could get back to my daughter as fast as possible. I was just too nervous leaving her somewhere I wasn't completely comfortable.

This is a new doctor and I'm hoping he will really listen to my concerns and give me more help than my other doctor did, so I don't need to be thinking about my daughter when I go to my appointment.  I just scheduled for October while she's in school so I don't have to worry about making sure she's taken care of. It's October 2nd, so just another 5 or 6 weeks. I'll be okay. I'm frustrated, but it won't kill me to wait a little longer and its better to wait and actually have peace of mind to talk to the dr then go in a couple of weeks and just be worried about Cheyanne the whole time.

Quoting SamMom912:

Can you ask at your DDs school if they have ANYONE who could babysit during this time? if these is an after hour care? Your mom? Anyone???? Its SO stinking hard.. I know... and YOURE RIGHT- ITS IMPOSSILE TO TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES WHEN WE ARE BUSY CARING FOR SOMEONE ELSE WITHOUT ANY HELP! What about your local Y? Was there anyone at all there you could/would trust for the 1.5 hour (?) appointment. Chey doenst have to be happy--- she just has to be alive whwn you get home... that is ALL that matters... I REALLY hope u can figure something out.

Logansmom1999
by Kristina on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry. That is a terrible predicament to be in. I wish I could sprout wings and be there for you to go to your appointment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)