Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poison Control

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:25 PM
  • 17 Replies

How many times have you called??? My youngest swallowed a mouthful of bleach water today. So I called... Did you know that bleach isn't toxic??

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephw1110
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Was it diluted? I can't imagine straight bleach not being toxic. And to answer your question, fortunately no.
Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Twice...wouldn't have known that about the bleech.  Doesn't seem right? 

liisawith2eyes
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:37 PM
2 times once for each boy
ballerina.2006
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:38 PM
Handful of time.

Eating tums, toothpaste and I'm sure other things.

Eating toothpast = a glass of cow milk or couple slices of cheese and all is well. Tummy may be upset but nothingto worry about.
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Once. Took the bottle of spray baby lotion and sprayed it in his mouth. He threw up because of his gag reflex back then. They said he would be fine.
mypbandj
by Jen on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:06 PM
I can only remember once. He swallowed the flouride mouth wash instead of spitting it out. Poison control said to have him eat a piece of cheese.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 31, 2014 at 6:11 AM

Wow...no I've never called before.  Hope your little one is okay!

Noahs-Mom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:05 AM

right. It says on it that it is harmful. I use concentrated bleach too. The gal said bleach is not toxic. If watered down it is nearly always safe. I repeated back to her that she said it was non-toxic she said that was right. At most it will cause irritation in the persons throat and stomach. 

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Twice...wouldn't have known that about the bleech.  Doesn't seem right? 

Noahs-Mom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:09 AM

My youngest has eaten half of a bottle of Singular and the plastic beads inside the medication bottle. 

He litterly climbed into the fridge and downed some cough medication. The earned us a trip to the ER and some charcoal.

and yesterday a mouthful of bleach water. 

BTW those plastic beads totally safe to eat. He was 2yo at the time and she said that it would take tons of them to make someone ill. 

faithPsalm27
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Hmmm...no didn't know that...my son when he was about 2 got into comet he poured it all over himself...almost gave me a heart attack when I saw him...he was fine though...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)