Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Do you work outside of the home?

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Amy
  • 39 Replies

If so, what do you do?  Who cares for your child/ren while you're working?

by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Owl_Feather
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:34 PM

I've had to jobs since having kids. One I quit after having dd. But it was a night shift and DH was home from work before my shift.  The other I lasted 6 months because it was an awful employer.  My friend's mom watched my kids. My boss was kind enough to schedule me around my son's school schedule. I'm currently trying to go back to school to get in the medical field as an assistant. I'm a sahm right now

Logansmom1999
by Kristina on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:56 PM

I am a sahm. Staying home is a full time job for me. Nobody picks up after themselves at any time, meal prep, shopping, picking up prescriptions, making and taking them to doctor and therapy appointments. Fielding issues with the school...it never ends. I don't know how working Moms do it!

surprised

Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 3, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I've been a sahm since I was pregnant with Ashton 10 years ago. No plans on going back to work any time soon... Maybe part time when my 2 yo starts kindergarten. ..not sure...

charley31
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 3:17 PM
I work PT as a vet tech at an animal shelter. My mom or my mother inlaw watches the boys until my husband gets home.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 3, 2014 at 3:58 PM

I'm an accountant, and I work full time.  My husband is in the military so he works crazy hours.  My son has a private nurse that cares for him 10/hours day.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

nope

ballerina.2006
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:51 PM
I just went back to working. I'm an assistant coach for a local swim club. I have to recert for lifeguarding so I'll most likely apply as a guard and work my way back up.

Right now sil watched the kids last week, unsure this week, then for about 10 weeks my brother will watch them after which my sister will have moved home and she will be my permanent sitter until her dh gets home from Korea. I only work approx 10 hours a week so it isn't terribly long.
aprilmercedes
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

No...I worked plenty before I got married though.

emarin77
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:55 PM

I'm a part time substitute teacher.  My son will be in 1st grade this year.

lucasmadre
by Kari on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I am so jealous and happy for you stay at home moms. I work full time taking care of someone else's child so I can afford to take care of my own...insanity but I am single and no help from dad so no choice there. My son needs me to be at home, and I need to be there for him but we are just doing the best we can. My mom helps out a lot and he can come to work with me. I used to be a designer and have my own business but that dream is over for now...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN