Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

At times I dont think I can handle it...

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:07 PM
  • 51 Replies
4 moms liked this
Its almost a day that doesnt go by that my son doesnt have a tantrum. I try so hard to be patient but I feel like its too much for me to handle at times...im glad that now I know whats going on with him but I do wish that he could just be a calm kid. Its hard to take him out or to do anything with him because you never know what to expect. Its bad that at times I dont enjoy being a mom because he goes thru these tantrums/behaviors and I feel helpless. I love my son so much and I would do anything for him and I'm very protective over him im just
Scared that things could get worst :'-(
No judging or bashing im just venting and need advice
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shunnicutt
by Stephanie on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I have felt the same way, I am having a night where I can't fight the tears tbh.  Sometimes it just feels like too much, but that doesn't change your love or the fact that you are a wonderful Mother with challenges most people don't understand.  We went school shopping today and it was the worst my son has ever behaved in public ever.  The dirty looks don't help either.  I'm sorry I don't have much advice because I am feeling in a similar way at the moment, but I can say to try and do something just for you, no matter how small.  You are strong and your love for your son will continue to give you strength.  I'm sorry you are feeling helpless, just remember it is okay and normal to feel that way sometimes.  Big hug and lots of love.

Semajmom719
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Thank you im just trying to take one day at a time

Quoting shunnicutt:

I have felt the same way, I am having a night where I can't fight the tears tbh.  Sometimes it just feels like too much, but that doesn't change your love or the fact that you are a wonderful Mother with challenges most people don't understand.  We went school shopping today and it was the worst my son has ever behaved in public ever.  The dirty looks don't help either.  I'm sorry I don't have much advice because I am feeling in a similar way at the moment, but I can say to try and do something just for you, no matter how small.  You are strong and your love for your son will continue to give you strength.  I'm sorry you are feeling helpless, just remember it is okay and normal to feel that way sometimes.  Big hug and lots of love.

Schnauzerlov869
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:02 PM
How old is your child? When my ASD son was 4 I wanted to go back to work just so I could get away from him. :-/
It gets better! He's 9 now and I love spending time with him!!
mypbandj
by Jen on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Tantrums are HARD!! With big kids and little kids.

Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Semajmom719
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:57 PM
He's 5...im praying that it does I look forward to waking up knowing he is going to school to get my mind together lol smh...thanks

Quoting Schnauzerlov869: How old is your child? When my ASD son was 4 I wanted to go back to work just so I could get away from him. :-/
It gets better! He's 9 now and I love spending time with him!!
Semajmom719
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Yes they are smh...thanks

Quoting mypbandj: Tantrums are HARD!! With big kids and little kids.

Hugs
faithPsalm27
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:40 AM
2 moms liked this

My asd son is a young man now...and I know how you feel...I don't think it gets worse...It's just that they become bigger than you ...that's what makes it harder...I've never given my son any anxiety meds...until now...but it's too soon to see if it's working...hugs and prayers...

Semajmom719
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Yea im scared to give him meds but I wonder would that work for him I just dont want him to beome a zombie. ..thank u and good luck to u

Quoting faithPsalm27:

My asd son is a young man now...and I know how you feel...I don't think it gets worse...It's just that they become bigger than you ...that's what makes it harder...I've never given my son any anxiety meds...until now...but it's too soon to see if it's working...hugs and prayers...

canfield22
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Chin up Mama, you're not alone! In fact, I'm pretty sure any honest ASD parent would admit, they have the same fears.
I find myself taking a time out lately, when my DS is having his meltdowns.
Logansmom1999
by Kristina on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Becoming a zombie was one of my fears when we started meds. I got the opposite...I got my sweet boy back. Logan is on a regular med and a PRN med for agitation. Meds are not for everyone but they were a game saver for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN