• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What grade will your ASD child be in this year?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Amy
  • 29 Replies

Are you looking forward to seeing him/her grow another year older and wiser?  What sort of accomidations will your child have this school year?

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emarin77
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:06 PM

My son who is 6, has high functioning Autism and will be going into 1st grade.  Depending on if his diagnosis changes or added too will determine if he receives more services or modifications in the classroom.   I have been waiting over a week for his diagnosis.  He was evaluated for Aspergers and ADHD.  I'm calling the psychologist tomorrow for the answer.  For now he receives pragmatic speech therapy at school. 

Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

He is going to repeat 3rd grade with less time in autism support class and more time mainstreaming..4th grade is a big transition at his school so I think he is going to do great this extra year and more confident..I hope..

lucasmadre
by Kari on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

5th grade this year, hoping for a good year, last year was very hard. We just revised his IEP to include less special ed as he is getting very self conscious about being "different." Have my fingers crossed.  xo

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Sam will be in our local elementary integrated co taught class this year for 3rd grade. He is not getting academic help but help with OT, PT and sensory. The SE teacher knows how to be flexible and work with Sam.
If things are going badly (refusals explosions) soon (october) we are pulling him and hiring an attorney to get him into the G&T SE class offered in our county at several schools.
Pink.Rose
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM

She's going into 5th grade and we are supposed to have an IEP meeting this Friday before school starts because of a few new diagnosis's over the summer....she is currently pulled out for math, reading, spelling, writing....I'm not so sure they are going to add anything else either but I guess we will see...

Even though she is still far behind her peers she is still making very slow progress, at least she's not regressing at this point...

shunnicutt
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM

My son is 3 (4 in October) and starting pre k full time.  He has never been in daycare or away from Mama and Daddy really, so I am a bit terrified, and excited.

my3makemehappy
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is going into 2nd and his first day of school is tomorrow. I am really nervous because he was home schooled last year due to the fact that he was rezoned and his new school wouldn't work with us. Then we moved to our new home and his new school is great! They have an autism program and have made it clear they will do everything they can to help him and make his transition back to a normal school as easy as possible! Keeping my fingers crossed it all goes well!!!!!!

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:56 PM
DS started K last week :)
Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Both will start kinder.  No, not looking forward too it.

Reese2010727
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
He starts prek tomorrow & he'll be receiving speech & occupational therapy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)