Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

What's going on this week?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:42 AM
  • 47 Replies

Anything going on this week ladies?

by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Macphee
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
First week of school in addition to four days of speech , ot and ABA. Mom is having bad anxiety. We may need to go something fun this weekend such as Seaworld or water park.
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:28 AM
I am feeling a little depressed. This is the last week before school starts. And we haven't had the money to do anything really fun this summer.

We have all of our appointments this week. Another busy week before all the things change to fit the school schedules. Today is feeding therapy. And every day this week is something else. So just our typical schedules. :)
shunnicutt
by Stephanie on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Open house for my son's pre-k Thursday evening!  So excited and scared!

helpforemma
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Since we're going through a custody battle with the children's moher we are just now able to convince her to get the kids in school. Emma is almost 5 and is nonverbal, Alex is 4 and we're trying to find a program where both of them can be together so that Emma will be with someone she knows. We're also trying to find a pediatrician around us because their mom stopped taking them so now Emma's therapist won't come see her at daycare. It's just one big struggle with her.

shunnicutt
by Stephanie on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Giant hug to you Mama, I feel the same way, depressed and overwhelmed and scared to let my greatest treasure go!  He starts pre-k soon and we just don't have the money to do anything special with him before it starts.

You have had a rough couple of weeks in general, with the funeral and everything else.  You will get through it and then can hopefully try and plan something fun for his next break from school. Hugs!

Quoting Nickmom1118: I am feeling a little depressed. This is the last week before school starts. And we haven't had the money to do anything really fun this summer. We have all of our appointments this week. Another busy week before all the things change to fit the school schedules. Today is feeding therapy. And every day this week is something else. So just our typical schedules. :)

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Thanks! Nick starts his co-taught pre-k next Wednesday. I feel a little better about that. While we were at the hotel in between the funeral stuff, I got a call from his new teacher. She was calling to see if he was using the bus. I was able to talk to her about Nick. That he has to have the schedule used. And that if she didn't think she could use te class one and constantly have it up, that he has in his IEP that he gets a personal one but we never had to incorporate it last year. And that I would like to come in to show him the class and school next Tuesday before the other kids are there. She agreed to it all and was eager to learn anything that would help! She seems very nice. Took some of my anxiety away. :)

It's hard not being able to do anything before school starts. My nephew starts K on Monday, and niece starts 10th.

Quoting shunnicutt:

Giant hug to you Mama, I feel the same way, depressed and overwhelmed and scared to let my greatest treasure go!  He starts pre-k soon and we just don't have the money to do anything special with him before it starts.

You have had a rough couple of weeks in general, with the funeral and everything else.  You will get through it and then can hopefully try and plan something fun for his next break from school. Hugs!

Quoting Nickmom1118: I am feeling a little depressed. This is the last week before school starts. And we haven't had the money to do anything really fun this summer. We have all of our appointments this week. Another busy week before all the things change to fit the school schedules. Today is feeding therapy. And every day this week is something else. So just our typical schedules. :)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Hugs mama!!!

Quoting Macphee: First week of school in addition to four days of speech , ot and ABA. Mom is having bad anxiety. We may need to go something fun this weekend such as Seaworld or water park.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Big hugs!!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Quoting shunnicutt:

Open house for my son's pre-k Thursday evening!  So excited and scared!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Good luck...hugs!

Quoting helpforemma:

Since we're going through a custody battle with the children's moher we are just now able to convince her to get the kids in school. Emma is almost 5 and is nonverbal, Alex is 4 and we're trying to find a program where both of them can be together so that Emma will be with someone she knows. We're also trying to find a pediatrician around us because their mom stopped taking them so now Emma's therapist won't come see her at daycare. It's just one big struggle with her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN