Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Talking in their sleep?

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 6:01 AM
  • 12 Replies

Just curious, does anyone's kids talk in their sleep?  Ben's has become pretty bad.  We put a video monitor back in his bedroom because I would hear him and go in thinking he was awake and I'd end up waking him up.  He will chatter for a few minutes then get quiet for like 20 minutes then start again.  Last night he did it for like 2 hours.  I know there really isn't anything I can do about it but it's still annoying....

by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 6:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emarin77
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 6:44 AM

That is interesting because my son does the same before he goes to sleep while laying on the bed.  This is common behavier I've heard from others.

chrissara1011
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Mine laughs or yells out occasionally. She is non verbal I would love to hear her talk during sleep. My daughter does not communicate through words consistantly but does say a few words. I hate saying non verbal but that's how they classify her.
shunnicutt
by Stephanie on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:39 AM

My son will talk in his sleep in the morning when he is getting closer to waking up.  It is very cute, he will say random things and make himself laugh.  One morning he was saying "save the house" over and over in an agitated tone, not sure where that came from or what he was dreaming about!  I was a huge sleep talker so I am not surprised he does it too.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:13 AM

My oldest did.  It turned into sleep walking.  Then he grew out of it.

Bajanmama
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Sometimes he will whisper what sounds like numbers but you know he isn't really awake. If you say his name he will say 'yea' so he can hear you. I have woken up because he yelled 'mah-mee pay-yo!' (mummy, pillow) and I will get up and give him one and cover him back up and he will be sleeping before I get back to my bed. It's like he realised in his sleep that he didn't have a pillow or something.

Logansmom1999
by Kristina on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Logz giggles in his sleep. Sometimes we end up waking him because we laugh so hard just listening to him.

takeitall13
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Neko has night terrors and "talks" and/or "screams" during them depending on how bad that particular night is.  Really off the wall things, sometimes he sounds "lucid" though, like saying "I need a hug" then other times screaming "I lost my sister!"  or some other off the wall thing.   :(

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:12 PM

We have a baby monitor and I hear him snoring at times and other times he's giggling but no talking as he doesn't talk:)

dannix7x
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:15 PM
My son has a reflective and expressive speech delay. He has on several occasions spoke full sentences in his sleep. It confuses me to no end.
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Aug. 27, 2014 at 7:29 PM

D sort of talks or whispers his thoughts all day when he's awake! So Lord only knows if he talks in his sleep!LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN