Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do you do ABA?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:54 AM
  • 11 Replies
For those if you that have kids in ABA, where does your child do their therapy. I've noticed a lot of you say it's really hard to be around while they are doing ABA, so I would assume ABA is being done at home or a similar situation. Does anyone else's child actually go to a center? I take Ben to a pediatric therapy center. I drop him off and then come back in a few hours (3-4 depending on the day, 5 days a week). I know some kids attending are there all day. They also do his speech and OT durning this time. I'm just curious?
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AJsMom81507
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:47 AM

when DS was little we did ABA at home

i prefered it at home (25 hours), so i can see what they were working on and how they were working on things so it could be carried over at home (15 months he started)

at 3 he got it at home (10 hours) and in school (full day - incorporated into the class room)

as for speech he got it at home and in school until he was 4 then school only.  at 3 they stopped home OT and he only received it in school.

once he reached 4 ABA turned into SEIT and he got 5 hours at home

at 5 (to present he is 7) they call it behaviour therapy and gets 2 hours at home

he did floor time when he was 15m - 2.5 and it was done at Hofstra University, but we cut that out since it was difficult with all his other therapies, school and having to lug around my 6 month old all the time

coleysmama
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:54 AM
My 6 yr old is in an ABA classroom. He also does PT, SP, and OT at school.
He also gets ABA for 1 hour a day at home. We'll do 3 sessions at home then go out for an activity for the other 2.
princess_1983
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:15 AM

My son goes to school so ABA is done at home after school.

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Ours is in the home.  I have two kids that do it, so she is here M-F all day.  We have two rooms in the basement set up for it, but she can go anywhere she wants.  They do snacks and lunch up at the table and recess outside.  I'm with the for those, but don't stay in the room for the work.

Maxsmommy123
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:58 PM
In home. My son is 2.5. I'm guessing we will be starting some school services soon when he turns 3 and ABA will stay in home.
Jennifer9900
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:01 PM

My son has his ABA at home.  They go in my basement where my other children aren't allowed at that time.

mamatink7
by Franceska on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:12 PM

at home while we were there, i just do other things in the house while they were working. there are actually schools that focus just on ABA teachings. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 24, 2014 at 5:30 AM

My son has always done ABA in our home until he started at a private autism ABA based school.  

K1tten
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Zion's ABA comes to the house once a week and goes also to the school to see Zion once a week. If he canlt do one or the other he sees him twice a week at either place.

mamatoo4
by Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 2:47 PM
We do 6 hours a week in home. We have our basement set up for them and I don't go down. In the beginning it was extremely difficult to hear her scream but now that she has adjusted to the routine and loves her therapist things are good. I like being able to hear them and keep eye or ear out for what is going on. She is only 3. I defiently could see the benifits of a aba center if the child was a little older or if you didnt have a space to desagnant for it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)