Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sick and better?????

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:22 AM
  • 9 Replies

OK so every time my son is sick (he just got over a cold) he is so much less symptomatic. He doesn't tick, repeat, wiggle...you know. It is like his aspergers is reduced by having a cold. Have you ever noticed this in any of your kids and what could it mean?????

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:45 AM

My daughter is not like that at all. When she's sick she's much much worse. Although, by worse, I don't mean her stims. Those may very well be decreased, because she instead spends all her time in full meltodwn mode. She's on edge the whole time she's sick, like a ticking time bomb and any little thing that isn't just right by her mind, she has a full, violent meltdown.

Maybe for him all his body's energy is being spent trying to get well so it reduces the ticks and such? I really don't know ..... maybe someone else on here will have an answer. :/

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:53 AM

No, my son gets more agitated while sick, not less.  My daughter is no different.

Jnc91
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:48 PM
My son is like this too. It's very interesting.
only_1_4_me
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:26 PM

my daughter is much more "relaxed" when sick. but when she gets sick she simply shuts down and sleeps and stares at the tv. I think maybe their bodies just dont "need" the sesory stim because its working hard on something else (fighting the illness)... just a theory :D

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 24, 2014 at 5:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Brady is just like that too.  

lucasmadre
by Kari on Sep. 24, 2014 at 7:27 AM

It makes me wonder what happens when they are sick that makes them able to "slow down" enough to focus and repond in a much more typical way. I want to unleash this super power of the cold!!!!

Quoting Jnc91: My son is like this too. It's very interesting.

A_McCool
by on Sep. 24, 2014 at 8:20 AM

It happens to me because I don't feel well enough to stim , repeat, etc.  Those are things that I do when I'm feeling like myself.

Logansmom1999
by Kristina on Sep. 24, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Logan gets really quiet and lays on the sofa watching tv when he is sick. His stims all but disappear. However, he is rarely sick.

Logansmom1999
by Kristina on Sep. 24, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Morgan on the other hand gets extremely crabby when she isn't feeling well. Right now she is suffering from a stomach bug and nobody wants to go near her for fear of getting their head bitten off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)