Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What books/resources should I use to learn more about my ASD son?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:40 AM
  • 4 Replies

Which books or resources would you recommend for a mom of a newly diagnosed boy with ASD level one?

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MyLittleMunchie
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I highly recommend this book to lots of ppl: 1001 Great Ideas for Teaching and Raising Children with Autism or Asperger's, Revised and Expanded 2nd EditionPaperback– January 1, 2010 by Veronica Zysk & Ellen Notbohm

http://www.amazon.com/Teaching-Raising-Children-Aspergers-Expanded/dp/1935274066/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1413387689&sr=8-5&keywords=101+autism

akaGLIA
by Vicki on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I would read all of them, gleaning the best ideas from them all. It will be crucial for you to "train" him successfully, so that you can interact and collaborate with all teachers, honing the process for the best outcome. I've shared a couple of step by step instructions in my other posts that will give you some ideas of the methods I used;-) All of my team's methods helped (the team I created!). My son had the best possible outcome, he's 25, a College graduate, holding down a full time job, and has a great group of friends that share his live of music! Not bad for a little boy trapped inside Autism!!

Quoting KristleKlear:

Which books or resources would you recommend for a mom of a newly diagnosed boy with ASD level one?

Stephw1110
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:58 PM
My favorites at the beginning were "The first year Autism Spectrum Disorder" by Nancy Wiseman and "An early start for your child with autism". By Sally Rogers, Geraldine Dawson, & Laurie Visemara. If you look for them on a site like Amazon you can find other book people have purchased or looked at and go from there. MyLittleMunchkin's suggestion is a good one too. I swear my Autism library expands weekly...
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Glad these ladies can help...I honestly don't know!  Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)