Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I didnt expect it, am BAM!

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

So Izzy and I went to my friends house this evening. (she doesnt have school tomorrow due to an appointment, so we were able to get out for a little visit). anyhow we stayed for about 45 minutes. I gave her her regualr ten minute, five minute, three minute and one minute warnings when it was coming on time to leave.. despite my best efforts she had a meltdown growling screaming threating to hit me.. I just told her it was time to go, I understand you are upset, but its still time to leave.. she gets her stuff on and while walking to the car tells me how much she hates me and is screaming at me.. we get in the car all buckled up she is thrashing around screaming and growling.. I explained we are going home and its time for bed... It took her about 5 minutes then she was quiet.. she says "mom I am sorry.. I dont hate you, I like you and I love you.. I was so frustrated that you said we had to leave, because I wanted to play." ME: "Thank you. I like and love you too. you need to know that when you act that way it makes mommy very upset, mommy doesnt like it."  IZZY: I know mommy, but I cant help it.. it was an accident. i got so mad and I could feel it all over my body"... ok in that instant part of me wanted to clap and the other part wanted to cry.. holy crap she is able to verbalize this! ok sure, it came AFTER the meltdown, but she's catching on! she's getting she doesnt feel well, its almost like a pain spreading through her body! (not her words, but Ive been there before, I know how it feels to not be able to control your anger!) but she came out and not only apologized but explained her behavior! I told her I was very proud of her, and that she and mommy can now begin to work on something that will help her in times like these! way to go izzy!!! one step forward on the long journey!!!!

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Nov. 5, 2014 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

thats great!

Logansmom1999
by Kristina on Nov. 5, 2014 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations on the progress!

wildchild.com
by Janine on Nov. 5, 2014 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow that's amazing that she was able to verbalize this. Go Izzy!
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

YAY IZZY!!! Self awareness is great step toward change!! :) boy does she sound A. Lot like my Sam. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)